Glock vs. S&W..

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by latietz, Mar 14, 2013.

1. latietz

latietz New Member

Hi. I am going to get my first .40 cal. After many 9 mm and two .45 autos. I am leaning towards a Glock but saw a S&W that looked nice. Any advice? Thanks.

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

3. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

I love my Gen4 G22, it eats any cheap ammo I can find and has never had a failure of any sort. I also have a KKM conversion barrel so I can have it eat 9mm as well.

4. j4454

j4454 New Member

If your talking M&P I would try the smith out. M&P feels way better in the hand and the stock sights are ten times better. Glocks still feels like a pistol designed 30 years ago ergonomics blow. Some will tell you smith has a crappy trigger but it breaks in, and just like any pistol you can upgrade it if your truly unhappy. Shoot both and decide or see which one you can get a deal on!

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

See how they both feel in the hand and go from there. Know that the compact model can use an X grip adaptor and the full sized mags like glock but pay attention to trigger type. M&P full size can be bought with a DA type trigger and a trigger that has a short reset like glock. The m&p compact is DA type now. Do figure as least a apex striker block up grade as it make for a nice trigger. Both work well. Breaks in to a point. Still needs a striker block up grade.

I have a m&p now and had a glock. I like the m&p better.

6. latietz

latietz New Member

Thanks. Yes I was thinking either the M&P or the Glock . The Glock feels a bit better. And I heard it was very reliable. My Springfield 1911 is killer driller, but heavy. I have a S&W 910 it's lighter to carry but I want more stopping power than a 9mm. My other 9s are too cumbersome as well. Is the M&P worth getting?

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I love S&W revolvers, but i would choose a Glock over a S&W autoloader any day.

8. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I really think you need to preface that with "in my opinion". They are both great guns with lots of fans. I personally prefer the Glocks and think they fit my hands best and I actually like the Glock stock sights.

I would urge anyone to try them both and see which *they* like best. ;)

9. j4454

j4454 New Member

I believe you partially quoted me. In the end I said try both? Did you stop reading or are you trying to be a douche I don't understand? I'm assuming the later since you cut that part out of the quote. Everything on forums is an opinion! When it comes to modern polymers the only real difference is preference; my preference is M&P American owned and made.

10. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

"Ask yerself a question Punk, do you feel lucky?"

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Either one is a great gun. If the Glock feels better to you, then get the Glock. Don't over think it.

12. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

And you are basing this on what? I've never owned a Glock so I have no opinion one way or the other. I'm sure they're fine guns. I have owned my share of Smiths, both revolvers and semi-autos and they have all served me well. My latest purchase is an M&P 40 and it's a very fine weapon.

13. latietz

latietz New Member

Thanks for the advice and opinions. I'll post my decision if y'all are interested.

14. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Glock, S&W Sigma or M&P, Taurus pt740 slim, etc

15. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Sig,XD,M&P , super soaker then glock.

16. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

I had a chance to try a Glock .40 It felt nice, sights were good and it cycled well for me. I would like to try one in 9mm at some point.

Though I have to admit that I really like my Sig P220 better. That is just my opinion. But hey, if it burns powder and sends chunks of metal down range its all good right?

17. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

That's true. A .40 from a hi point fills the same as a .40 from a p226 to a bad guy. And it puts the same size hole on paper.

18. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Lol super soaker. Then Glock .I almost spit soda outta my nose! To the OP like someone else said pick the one that feels best to you.

19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Your welcome.

20. vector16

vector16 New Member

I have had both and a Sigma. They both are great guns. The Glock is better to stay on target with. I havbe a 17 and 21. The M&P 45 is nice to the trigger is better than any glock you therel less of a rubberband feel. Apex makes I great trigger for the M&P. amost mimics a 1911 trigger. I feel the M&P is more of a Tac Driver and is IMO more accurate than a glock. You can't shoot all types of ammo from a glock either. an M&P wqill fire lead no problem. With Glock, lead will make the gun explode and quite possibly take your hand with it. do not fire +p+ from a glock. Glocks go boom w/ +p+ ammo.

Glocks are easier to take apart and clean, hands down. The M&P is a better looking gun and feels more like a civi would have ot for a show off gun. Glock is as basic as it gets. Frame, barrel, pin bang. no frills at all.
    They both are great guns as long as you don't reload and fire lead. If you reload and fire lead get the M&P.