Glock VS.1911.......

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by mudslinger79, Apr 6, 2010.

1. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

There any Glock vs.1911 threads? I wanna read some of those as they are quite funny. I like the 1911 in looks but the Glock seems reliable. I don't know... I own a Ruger so I'm out of that whole argument.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I will not be contributing to this thread. :rolleyes:

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That's really funny....ha ha.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Mud,

Please don't stir the pot. Since you own neither, why not start a Ruger v. Sig thread. :rolleyes:

5. junho806

junho806 New Member

someone should at least point the fella in the right direction
    :p

6. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Please know I'm not trying to start any drama. I'm just wondering if there are threads in this forum. From what I've read they both have there pros and cons. I'd just like to do some reading on the subject.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Plenty of threads. You should be able to find them just as easy as one of us finding them for you!

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Forget about both and just get a Sigma.:eek::D

9. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Sigma.....keep talking.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Searched for exploded views of 1911's and Glocks!!

Colt 1911

[​IMG]

Glock 23

[​IMG]

11. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

That's a lot of parts the Glock has....

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Attached Files:

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

One has over 100 years of active service putting bad guys in the ground and is coming up on it's 100th Anniversary induction into the military.

The other one was made by a doorknob engineer from Austria who never had any intentions of selling the weapon to civilians of any country.

I work with a guy who spent years shooting IPSC and other head to head competitions including metal plates. He shot 1911's the whole time.

Today he lives in Oregon and works here in Washington. He carries a Glock everywhere he goes.

It's all personal preference. Some people like Ford, some like Chevy, some like strawberry and some like chocolate.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  14. NGIB

NGIB New Member

All I can say is I have a buddy with a half-dozen Glocks as well as a Les Baer and an Ed Brown 1911...

15. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Love the face palm Cane. I'm sorry but for a first .45 caliber its gonna have to be a 1911 model of some sort. I've shot a Glock...in fact owned one and wasn't impressed. It was small, funny feeling and just didn't work for me. I traded it for my Ruger that is great!

16. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

There's your answer. I cannot shoot a Glock either. Sure, it's reliable as hell. You can bury the thing in wet sand for a year and dig it back out and fire it. But, can you fire it accurately and do you like the way it feels/looks? If you answered no to any of those, there's your hint. Go with something else.

There are more Glock fanboys out there than there are 1911 fanboys but that's only because the 1911 doesn't need constant product placement in movies and elsewhere to be considered an awesome pistol. If you've ever shot one, you'll know they're awesome. If you haven't shot one yet, go get your feet wet right now. Personally I don't foresee swimming ashore on a beach dragging my equipment through sand or throw my pistol around like I don't care about it.

Sure, the Glock has a rugged reliability that you can't really match. On the other hand it's like shooting with a darn brick in your hand. If your mission is to get a pistol that you won't have to clean or take apart (ever, if you so choose) then go for a Glock or similar piece of plastic. If you care about your pistol and you enjoy taking it apart and cleaning it and don't mind spreading a couple of extra layers of love on, get a 1911.

17. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I own quite a few of both. Two of my favorite pistol formats.

18. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

You're comparing turds and boogers. Neither of which I eat anymore, BTW. If you need to whip out a bullet hose and shoot at a bunch of bad guys, by all means carry the Glock. If you want bragging points and truly appreciate an iconic handgun that made America great, carry a 1911. I shot them for a decade, and it's a magnificent platform if you are sure that you'll never have to fire more than 7 shots at a time.
    The 1911 is not a practical carry gun, considering the available options. Glock has a societal reputation as an overpriced ghetto-gun. Split the difference and get yourself a Springfield Armory XD.

19. detroit2786

detroit2786 New Member

halleluiah