Glock upgrades

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by WhaleNoises, Dec 1, 2012.

1. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

I'm getting a Glock 19 Gen 4, and im deciding on some of the upgrades now. I'm getting a grip reduction first, then some others I'm thinking would be good would be. 33 round mag for the range, an extended slide release, trijicon night sights, a flash light, and a metal slide guide rod. Any advice on the upgrades on brand, good/bad experiences, and any upgrades you've done that you like/don't like.

2. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

There is an upgrade/modification that allows you to fire your Glock underwater

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Why a grip reduction? The Gen 4 has 3 different back straps. I have a 33 round mag and it is fun to shoot. I would just get a flashlight to hold in your hand. The night sights would be a good upgrade.

4. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

I've shot them with the smallest grip, the hump at the bottom irritates me, and that's all the reduction removes

5. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

Thanks for the advice.

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

That comes im handy in a multitude of everyday situations.

7. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Called maritime spring cups. Waste of money IMHO.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

I think you meant to say "didnt spill my drank"

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Trade it in for a 1911 or a XD.lol

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I'm jk. I'm about to drank the glock kool aid.

But if you have not seen this video check it out.

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]http://youtu.be/UTEswkc4lPs[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

11. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

Very funny video, I feel the same way about the handle thickness, but thats the only problem I have with it. Just my opinion. Still a great video. Very funny guy.

12. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

He just dose it as more of a joke. He has one on the 1911 also.

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

If you don't like the grip design, why not buy something else? If you can't make the Gen4 grip setup work without a rasp, Glock just might not be the one for you.

14. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

I've spent about 2 years on the decision, with countless range time, YouTube video, forums, and articles.after all the studying it came down to Glock and Sig. The only real difference between the 2 of them for a deciding factor was the grip shape. The Glock feeling like a 2x4 and the Sig feeling great. So I almost bought the Sig, until I shot a friends Glock with a grip reduction. It felt great. At that point the Glock became the better choice in my opinion. That's just my opinion, others will be different, but a Glock with a grip reduction is the gun for me.

15. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

I can't even tell u how bad a shot I am with .357 mag and 45 Cal, like I can't hit the brod side of a barn

16. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVkOcVEvpF4&playnext=1&list=PL75B1437826E855E8&feature=results_video[/ame]

omg so funny

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Yes..there are many Glock upgrades...SIG, Colt, XD, Walther and S&W all come to mind :p

18. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

XD, Walther and Sig are better then Glock????????????????????????????????????????

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Only by a little.

20. 1911love

1911love New Member

G19 Gen 3:
    Crimson Trace laser
    3.5lb trigger
    33rnd mags
    Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB holster

Buy as many 33rnd mags as you can, they are only getting more expensive/harder to find. The 3.5lb trigger greatly enhances shootability IMO(I am a 1911 fan though, so a lighter trigger is what I'm used to). It's only a $20 part, if you don't like it it's easy to switch back to the 5.5lb connecter. I wouldn't do the extended slide release bc it could be activated when you are shooting and it's better to not use it anyways unless you are locking the slide back. If you always grab the slide and release it's easier to perform malfunction clears bc of muscle memory. I do want night sights and a Vickers mag release. The Gen 4 already has a Vickers style mag release so you won't need it. Stock recoil spring is fine for LEO/MIL so it's doesn't need replacing IMO. The Crimson Trace is amazing, I've since put them on all three of my CC guns and have plans to outfit almost all my guns with it. Too many advantages to dismiss even though a lot of people refuse to use them. The underwater firing is easy if you have a need to do it. The part is called spring cups.