Glock Simplicity of Design

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by FlavoredLead, Sep 27, 2007.

1. FlavoredLead

FlavoredLead New Member

Is it true that glocks are easier to take apart than 1911's or HK?

2. allmons

allmons New Member

Yes!

One of the easiest - to -field - strip weapons ever made. Easy to clean and incredibly reliable, even when dirty.

:D

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

My little Kimber Compact is pretty easy, as it doesn't have a barrel bushing on it.

4. PrinC

PrinC New Member

I am so happy that the Glock pistols are so easy to clean and I don't have to take too long to get them in good order. I'll let the experts indicate whether the Hk or 1911 is easier to clean, since i don't own any of these.

5. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I think the Glock is easier to field strip than the 1911. Although, with practice the 1911 isn't hard to field strip.

Complete disassembly is a different story. Glocks are far easier to do a full disassembly on. There aren't very many parts, and there is no lining up small tricky parts.

That being said, I don't have any experience with H&K.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I can field strip a glock and have all the parts layed out in less than 5 seconds, i dont try so hard to be fast when field stripping my 1911 because i dont want to put any idiot marks on it.

7. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

HK's are a pain in the a$$ to disassemble. Had to completely tear down a 9mm the other day to duracoat the frame flat dark earth...never again will I agree to that. Glocks are so amazingly simple....that is why they are so durable and reliable. Not saying HK's aren't.....but they suck for teardown.

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

True. Easy and many resources to guide you doing it on the net. Love my Glocks!

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've taken down my brand new 1911 a couple of times already, just for familiarization. Dealing with that bushing and plug is a straight up PITA. GLOCKs are far easier to strip down.
    I still will probably never own a GLOCK, and I'm already planning my next 1911. I just got mine yesterday and haven't even fired it yet.

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Yeah I'd say a Glock is one of the easiest to take completely apart.

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I love tinkering with my 1911, the part that gave me problems at first until i got used to it was the slide stop. It took me a few times to properly put it back in

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I've had a Colt 1911 since 1976 and yes they're very easy to field strip. Even so the Glock is easier. In the end, buy the gun you like the best, you'll likely get comfortable stripping it down what ever it is.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I just paid attention to other people's mistakes with that slide stop. I sure as hell didn't want a big idiot scratch on my brand new piece.

14. RecklessRegard

I wish the previous owner of mine felt this way. The only idiot scratch on my 1911 is about an inch long directly under the slide stop.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I can't help but wonder if Cane ever put an idiot scratch on his first 1911...

16. RecklessRegard

Never! I assume what ever 1911 he touches turns to solid Colt gold.