Glock, Sig or Beretta

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gunny1138, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Gunny1138

Gunny1138 New Member

Which is better and why?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I personally am not a big fan of Beretta, sig is great but a bit pricy. I'm a Glock Armorer.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!;)

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

Welcome. Get out much?

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

How long did it take from your armorer class, till you got your certification from them? I am going on a month now, and no sign of it.

I did not purchase a hat or patch in class, is that a bad sign? No hat, no certification? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

Own all 3 on one form or another & all really well made & would recommend all if them......glock fits my hand the best though

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I also own examples from all three manufacturers. Whichever one fits your hand and intended use is goo g to be best for you.

8. Morgo

Morgo New Member

I have several of each of those listed, it really depends which model your talking about and for what purpose?

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lmfao. I forget but I do remember thinking I was never going to get that stupid piece of paper. It'll come.

10. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Had all three and all are excellent. Still have my glock. A p226 in .357 sig might be in my future. Although there are reports all over the place of sig quality control falling off a little bit. Most complaints are about the crappy magazines.

11. McCakie

McCakie New Member

For the price the glock can't be beat, second place would go to the Baretta

12. seibert1903

seibert1903 New Member

My personal favorite is Sig Sauer, but they all make quality firearms. And as others have said before, the best one is the one that fits you.

13. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Having never fired any of them, SIG. That is all

14. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

As far as quality is concerned SigSauer is at the top.

Although, Beretta has been making guns for 500+ years.

Glock is a solid number 7 for me.

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

16. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

I have all three as well...my ranking

1. Sig P226 Mk 25...really an awesome weapon! expensive, but it shoots expensive so I got what I paid for

2. Glock 35...nice gun, though I would like to invest in a trigger job. The 35 is a competition model and is fairly accurate and would be even more so with a slightly lighter and crisper trigger.

3. Beretta M-9...last on my list because I don't shoot it well. It is a nice looking gun but for some reason, I just don't mesh well with it and I really dislike the safety as it operates in the opposite direction of every other gun I own.

17. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

I have a beretta 92fs inox and a Sig sp2022. All 3 are great manufacturers and are world renowned. I personally like Beretta slightly better over the Sig, but would nott hesitate to take a Sig or Glock into battle.

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Depends on which models.

Glock- Excellent gun if it fits you. The ergos, grip angle/sight picture, and mechanical trigger can feel odd if you shoot a lot of non-Glocks. The price is fair enough, mags/accessories/support easy to find due to their popularity. I have two Glocks. Don't love 'em, not my absolute 'go-to' pistols by any stretch, but plenty good to call keepers.

Sig- I'm a big fan of most of their alloy pistols, and not so much polymers (P2022 is decent though). Their alloys are extremely nice, built for serious use, and expensive. But they don't fit me all that well, which is why I sold my P226.

Beretta- I generally dislike Beretta. The quality and performance are probably fine. But I find many (M9/92, PX4) to be massively overbuilt...which might be a fine trait if you have monstrous paws.

19. AR10

AR10 New Member

I sent them an email Friday. Answered it today. Said they printed it Friday (coincidence lol)

I am collecting certifications for my classroom wall. It will fit in nicely. Lol

20. AR10

AR10 New Member

You can about get two Glocks for the price of a Sig. Can't beat the ruggedness, dependability, or light weight frame of a Glock. I have a PX4 but prefer the Glock