Glock serial number

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Kdub, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Kdub

Kdub New Member

My duty gun is a Glock 22 serial DEE - G-22 - July 1999 - 3rd Gen. - Factory Rebuilt. Yes I realize my department is cheap and bought rebuilt guns. I am getting a new one and I am able to purchase this one for $260. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the rebuild all entails. Through the course of its service life it has received numerous new parts (springs, slide releases, etc) but i would like to know what the rebuild entails.

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Only thing I can dig up, is its replacement of worn parts short of the frame, slide, and barrel.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Revoil spring, striker spring, extractor. Not much else needed. I would replace mag springs.

4. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Cool thanks guys. I told the woman I had to have it since I spend more time with it then I do her. I just wish if I knew I would have been buying it. I would have treated it a lot better!.

5. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

What,s a "REVOIL" sprang...? ...................:p :D

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It is a big fat finger trying to type "recoil" spring

7. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

lmao..................lol..!

8. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Revoil spring

I believe that is the spring used to hold the spout open on your revoil can so that the spout stays in place while applying oil :)

9. motorheadwayne

motorheadwayne New Member

I have come to the age where my revoil just doesn't spring quite as well as it used to... :rolleyes:

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

You can call Glock if you have any concerns after you buy it. I bought a police trade in Glock many years ago. Took it to the Glock factory when I was near Smyrna and they replaced all the parts except the frame, slide and barrel. Even replaced all if my mags with new ones. Didn't cost a dime. If you have to ship yours that should be the only cost to you. Then you end up with a nice freshly rebuilt Glock at a bargain price.

11. PC167

PC167 New Member

I was under the impression that Glock rebuilt them once they were turned in, so they are sold as is with the option to have the parts replaced. That's not such a bad deal.