Glock Sale at HTF

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by JiroZero713, Dec 21, 2010.

1. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Jesus glocks for only 350 and above used glocks.

I'm so tempted to get one. One looked like it was carried from hell and back with fiber optic sights for only 375. Looked like a winner 17 to me.

What do you think....should I get one?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Jiro, you're a GI now and you're allowed to have a steel gun...:D

3. JiroZero713

The m9 is a piece of **** though.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That is why he said steel. The M9 is made up of alloy.

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Jiro, check and see if Glock's First Responder Program is offered in your area before buying used. Glock offers LEOs, firefighters, prison guards, active military personnel etc, etc. a substantial savings on new Glocks.

Were selling 4 th. Gens to civilians for $589. and to first responders for $439.

6. JiroZero713

They have the same thing there too. Its just that a used glock is still not bad. Practically new I'm guessing.

Besides what's the big deal with 4th gen glocks? Same damn grip. Same gun.

Besides steel guns are too heavy for me. Second Type of Cool yeah and a range gun but I want a lighter reliable pistol and that means Poly. And I wanted to own a glock eventually.

My main gun is going to be a SP-01 Phantom.

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Jiro, entirely different gun. I shoot a Gen 3, 22 and it has a whole different feel in the grip department than the Gen 4s. The Gen 4 has a shorter length of pull and comes with two additional back-straps. The 4 has an ambi mag release and comes equipped with a double recoil spring. The texturing on the 4 is more aggressive than the 3 but not nearly as rough as the RTF-2. The Gen 4s also comes with three mags instead of two.

The 4 sells for around $50. more than the Gen 3 but both can be had for the same price through the first responder program.

Ive shot all the new Gen 4s and I'm very impressed with them. I'm about to buy one myself right after I get my new G 20.

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Get one of these Jiro, a .460 Rowland conversion - then you can be the big guy on post...

[​IMG]

9. JiroZero713

Eh I don't like 1911s. Maybe for a range gun but I want a WROL gun. Just my style.

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

That Rowland mod is a whopper. Ask Cane.

11. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Is that your personal firearm??
    I seen a Taurus at the Gun Shop the otherday. It was BEAUTIFUL!
    How does it perform?

12. fixxer

fixxer New Member

Yeah, I have my Glock and my 1911. I like both for different reasons. My carry piece is a Walther PPS; since it has some charectoristics of both that I appreciate. I have a LEO brother in law in KS. He's able to get Glocks at a substantially discounted price when he is taking his Armorer's classes. He offered to sell me a used one for about what he buys them for. I think I'm gonna take him up on that. It will fill the gap of .40cal that I have in my collection. Buying online? It's a tough call. A lot of these cheaper Glocks are retired law enforcement pistols. Some are sweethearts and some are POS. Be careful what you buy; especially over the internet, or you'll be spending the money you saved to get new parts. No "good deal" beats being able to look at the gun first hand and/or decide which one of the lot that you are gonna take home. Just IMHO formed by reading reviews but roll the dice if you feel lucky. You may be a winner; or not...

13. JiroZero713

Guys it's not an internet buy.

The store is Hoover Tactical Firearms. I went inside there. Hell they even had a few 1911s that were good like a taurus.

14. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Yup it's mine (or was). Actually, I have the .460 kit back in a Springer Mil-Spec right now as my son wanted the Taurus. Regardless of the platform, it's a hoot to shoot. I'm not a real Taurus fan but I picked this one up very cheap...

15. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

Seriously....what the hell are you talking about?

16. JiroZero713

The m9 The Beretta. It's a piece of **** weapon when compared to modern handguns. To heavy and not that accurate when compared to other pistols.

The FNP, 1911, Sig, CZ-75 far outshine the metal trash.

17. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

Maybe compared to SOME guns the M9 doesn't perform as well. But to say that it is a piece of crap is an exaggeration.....especially when you are considering buying a Glock. M9 far outshines the Glock. Only advantage of a Glock is that you can conceal it easier for carry.

And the guy who suggested getting a Taurus is even funnier.

18. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

Forums have a "quote" feature so that other people can tell who you are talking to.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

That's a bit much! Check the pic; Jiro is young AND proudly serving this country. Constructive advice would be more appropriate, even if he is lusting after glocks & taurii. People aren't born knowing everything, especially when opinions vary. :rolleyes:

Jiro, have you tried the XD45 with the 5" barrel? I'm quite fond of mine & it has not misfed or misfired yet. It is also available in OD goodness. :) XD, the other tupperware.

edit* Jiro, you do realize that you may not be training with the cream of the M9/Beretta crop, right? Round count might be taking its toll.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My m9 was ok but it is no 1911. The m9's I shot were accurate enough for me to quality Expert on the army course of fire. Not sure why they give you 50 rounds to hit 40 target. I hit 40 out of 40 and had 12 rounds left over....