glock replacement sights options

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by calvin95, Apr 3, 2013.

1. calvin95

calvin95 New Member

Looking for suggestions for replacing the sights on my everyday carry g26 9mm. My 40 yr old eyes don't pick up the factory stock sights as well as they used to

2. jp_over

jp_over New Member

I've used Trijicon with success but I've heard Meprolights are good too. If you're looking for non-night sights, I'm not sure what's out there.

3. DavidB

DavidB New Member

[ame]http://youtu.be/iQVCeJ103BQ[/ame]

4. jp_over

jp_over New Member

Those XS sights look nice; I might have to try a set!

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

On my 26 I went with a Trijicon front night sight only, and use the stock rear sight. It works out really well. My eye is automatically drawn to that front dot.

6. calvin95

calvin95 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Mu buddy just bought a Springfield xds .45 & it came with a red fiber optic front sight whth stock rear sights & he likes it well. Anyone have experience with this sort of set up?

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

8. msup752

msup752 New Member

I use XS sights as well on all of my Glocks. Pick the big dot for those with poor eyesight.

9. Bravo_Sixx

Bravo_Sixx New Member

I'm 43 ... I put Trijicon on my by a gunsmith and they look a lot better, but I seem to be having accuracy issues. It's most likely just me jerking the trigger or possibly my reaction-hand grip. I'd recommend them though - cost $50 to have them installed.

10. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have an xds .45 like your friend. It is a great little pistol that packs a punch. I like the sights, they work for me. Good luck!!

11. javelin225HO

javelin225HO New Member