Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock Model 22 40 Cal. Last month I purchased a 9mm Conversion for it since the Sheriff's Department will furnish ammunition for me. And it works great and with Model 17 Mags.I received an Email from the Glock Store today about their 22 LR Conversion Kit for my pistol. I thought "WOW" that would also be great a cheap way to practice and train with. As well to let the grandkids shoot the pistol inexpensiviley. Has anyone purchased one and if so how did it work?:)

·
Banned
11,760 Posts
You probably would better off with the G44 22.

How much is the conversion kit?

·
Supporting Member
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I do have other 22 LR Pistols and a
Revolver. But thought it would be nice and handy to have basically 2 additional caliber kits for the single Frame of my 22 in one gun Bag at the range?
Also just wondered if the 22 kit was reliable?
The 9mm Conversion which only required the 9mm Match Grade Barrel I bought and I got 3 Model 17 Mags. it was an inexpensive conversion.

Reactions: sheriffjohn

·
Supporting Member
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sheriff
No Sir, I am using the standard Spring for the Glock Model 22 40Cal. for the 9mm conversion. Works flawlessly.
I did do some testing with the 40 Cal. Magazines with the 9mm rounds in them. The lips on the 40Cal. Magazines are too wide to hold the 9mm Rounds correectly. The tips of the 9mm Rounds would stick up at a much higher angle. The 40 Mags would function. But if you tapped, jarred or dropped the Magazines the top 9mm Round would simply flip out of the Magazine and all those following would jam up down in the 40 Cal. Magazies. You have to use Model 17 Glock Mags. for the Model 22. So purchased the 9mm Match Conversion Barrel from American Outpost for $109.99
and 4 each new Glock Model 17, 9mm Magpul P-Mags for a total of $58.00. So the entire conversion came to $167.99. Here are some pictures.
The Top Mag is the 40 Cal. Mag. with the 9mm rounds. Notice the Mag does not hold the round correctly!
The bottom Mag is the New Model 17 9mm Magpul P-Mag. Notice the angle of the Bullet Tip. Holding the 9mm round correctly!
The bottom picture is a picture of my match quality 9mm Barrel laying on a gun magazine.
glock  40 and 9mm - Copy.JPG

Glock 9mm Barrel 1.JPG

Reactions: sheriffjohn

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Thank you. So All I need to do a 9mm conversion on one of my Glock 22's is the barrel and model 17 magazines? I was afraid the recoil spring wouldn't work.

·
Supporting Member
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sheriff

Yes Sir! That is all you need! Mine Works Great! Also the Barrels are heavier since the Hole in the Front of the 22 Slide is too big for a standard normal 9mm Barrel.
So the Conversion 9mm Barrels are "Bull Barrels" so to speak! And the Barrel Walls are much thicker than the standard 9mm Barrel Wall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts