Glock problems

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mjfash55, Aug 10, 2011.

1. mjfash55

mjfash55 New Member

What are some problems with the Glock 19

2. Glock17TJ

Glock17TJ New Member

Problems ?? Really not any to talk about. The only problem I have ever had with any of my 4 Glocks is ammo. I bought some reloads from a gun show and they jammed in the gun. They jammed in mine and my buddies glock 17. I have shot just about every kind of ammo out of my gun and it goes BANG everytime. I have shot Wolf ammo, PMC, Hornady, Federal, Winchester, Remington, Black Hills, and CCI just to name a few. They all shot well just the relaods from the gun show that were in a Ziploc bag were not good rounds.

3. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Agreed on ammo. I bought silver bear hollow points and they jammed up my 26. I am going to try them again tomorrow. Not sure if the ammo is just that crappy, or if I need to run my stock guide rod. Currently, I run a glockmeister stainless steel recoil system. Other than the silver bears jamming me up, I have had 0 problems.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Which generation?

5. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

The ammo IS that crappy. The steel cases bulge and stick.

To the original poster: Problems? My 2nd Gen 19 has over 200K rounds thorugh it. No problems. :D

Good choice. Great pistol. It will NOT let you down.

6. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

Not hardly

Problems????LOL!! Trust me buddy, the only problem you would have is buying enough ammo to shoot:cool: But really, the gen 4 had issues with the recoil spring i do believe but i think its fixed know.

7. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

The gen 4's have some issues. The others are good to go. I'd stick with the gen 3's for now which are still being made. The gen 4's can be identified by the removeable back strap. Otherwise the Glock 19 is the finest 9mm pistol on the market in my opinion.

8. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Mine stovepipes a lot, see:

[​IMG]

9. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

At first I was like "What?" Then the Tupperware reference hit me... Funny.

10. Glock17TJ

Glock17TJ New Member

I have a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glock17. The only problem I have ever had was with the Gen 1, and it was the ammo. It was the reloads I got at a gun show...cheap ammo. It was Brass case but it must have not been loaded right or something. It jammed my G17 and my buddies G17. All the ammo shot good but the last few rounds were bad. I have shot over 5k rounds through mine and not cleaned it and it still shoots perfect. I have never had a problem out of my Glock from day one..Just have to feed it and it is happy !!!

11. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Are they suppose to have problems?

Answer is NO.

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Only problem with a G-19 I can think of is, I don't own one yet! :rolleyes:

13. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Tupperware!! pretty clever although i love my G23!

14. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Thanks, I'm not a Glock hater either. I just thought that was funny!

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

ahhhhhhhh ha ha...hilarious...:)

tack

16. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I shot about 200 found of my crap ammo yesterday with an aftermarket mag. I didn't have any problems... But hey, love my 26

17. gillymonsta

gillymonsta New Member

I rarely ever hear of flock problems the only one I know of is the gen 4 shell extracting

18. gillymonsta

gillymonsta New Member

Rarely ever heard of of glock problemz