Glock Perfection? They just got a little bit closer.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Bighead, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Bighead

Bighead New Member

First, let me say that I like Glock pistols. I believe in the K.I.S.S. principle and so does Gaston Glock. These handguns are durable, reliable, affordable, and easy-to-use.

That said, one complaint I have always had about the 9mm and .40 caliber Glock pistols is the slide bite on the web of my hand. This occurs because I have a large hand, and my high grip on the gun puts my flesh in line with the recoiling slide. The high grip is preferred, because its helps manage recoil. Custom gunsmiths have offered aftermarket solutions to this problem, but the complaint has fallen on deaf ears at Glock...until now.

After 25 years Glock pistols are moving one step closer to actually attaining the perfection their motto has proclaimed. They are introducing a new GEN4 backstrap which integrates a beavertail to eliminate slide bite on shooters with large hands.

The Glock GEN 4 Beavertail. A subtle difference that makes all the difference.

[​IMG]

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Several shops have been doing Glock beavertails for years. Robar does one that is pretty trick.

3. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

And that was just one more added expense.:( How much are the new ones compared to the old model.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

How does one perfect perfection? :confused:

5. indyfan

indyfan New Member

I've never had an issue with slide bite, but this'll definitely help improve my recoil control, thanks for posting :D

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Shooters with REALLY big, meaty hands get a two laned highway of burn across the top of their shooting hand.

7. silentghost

silentghost New Member

OH look, it's a Smith and Wesson M&P..... :)

8. indyfan

indyfan New Member

are you implying something about my hands sir?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89uOeDL9Gw]YouTube - BK's Tiny Hands Commercial 2[/ame]

9. Bighead

Bighead New Member

At Impact Guns Online Store the GEN4 pistols are priced about $40 over the GEN3.

No price yet for the beavertail back strap, which I believe is going to be sold as an accessory.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ah....25 years to copy.................ah...............never mind.

11. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

All too true!

12. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Gun companies copying designs and ideas off each other? UNHEARD OF!

[​IMG]

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

IIRC Mr. Browning figured that out a long time ago..... Just saying.

14. ballfan4141

ballfan4141 New Member

now what kind of ammo should you stay away from when using the glock? lead? what kind exactly are those and does the barrel last with it being different.

15. KentuckyBob

KentuckyBob Member

Definatly stay away from lead bullets as they will collect in the grooves of the barrel.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011