Glock or XDM . 45 ????

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by RustyGrill, Jan 21, 2013.

1. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Looking to purchase my first .45 and I'm stuck between Glock or XDM no model specific. Any recommendations or suggestions ?

2. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Go shoot both, they should be available to rent at a range near you. I own a xdm myself for several reasons.

Felt better than the glock
    I like the grip safety
    Great CS not that glock doesn't
    Match grade barrel
    Better trigger IMHO
    And several other minor factors

You can't go wrong with either but you might want to consider waiting untill things settle down. Xdm prices are getting high right now because of the "ban".

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Own Glock 30, love it shoots flawlessly, feeds everything, points well, but many find Glocks to point oddly and you may as well. I personally think it's a deficiency with them, not the gun, because I have no issues whatsoever.

That said, for a carry gun, with such a short trigger, I won't recommend it as a carry piece, because of lack of safety.

Never shot or even handled an XD of any sort, don't wish to, they're ugly and I just don't like Springfield. They make awesome firearms, no doubt, so do MANY others, I just don't like them. Priced as high quality for average product you can find elsewhere more accurately valued. Just my opinion, neither humble nor extremely experienced.

4. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

XDM is superior to Glock. No Kabooms and can shoot reloads right out of the box.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Kabooms???

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I can't stand Blocks... I mean Glocks, but that's silly.

OP, go shoot both and buy whatever feels best to you. They are both fine guns.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

I love my XDM I'm just debating on picking up a Glock. But I love my XDM. I wil check out a few tmrw and keep you guys posted

8. AR10

AR10 New Member

The only great gun with more plastic than a Glock, is an XD. lol

I have had a Glock 20 about 20 years. No regrets.[​IMG]

9. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

10. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

XDM had fit me a bit better, but glock and XD both work. We can battle all day and bring in the fanboys of both but it comes down to you holding shooting and feeling both and seeing what takes your heart. I would say congrats to either or dare i say....BOTH?!? :p

Attached Files:

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Take it from someone who owns them both. (With the exception that my glock is a .40)
    Bottom line it's a personal choice. See what fits you best.

My opinion is as flows.
    The XD line is my preference. The trigger is smooth.The glock trigger absolutely sucks. I like the grip safety on the XD(M). It is just extra insurance (no glock leg). The slide release/stop is to flush on the glock. The XD(m) has a ambi mag release without having to change it over. (A buddy of mine is left handed. If shtf and I had to give him the glock in a hurry there could be issues) The recoil spring seams flimsy and crappy on my glock. The grip on the glock dose not bother me. Even tho I like the XD(m) grip better. I can shoot one just as good as the other. Not the case for most people. (You like it or you don't). The glock has an unsupported chamber. There for it shortens the life of you brass if you are a reloader. You can not shoot non jacketed bullets in a glock. These are the 2 things that tend to lead to a kaboom in a glock if done to much. To correct these to problems you will have to buy a aftermarket barrel.

Bottom line XD(m) all the way. Who wont's to spend $550 on a gun then another $500 worth of work to it. Just buy one that has all you need out the box.

12. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Double dog!

13. danolator

danolator New Member

Glock trumps all other guns for function and reliability hands down.

14. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Hey IBwar15 thanks a lot ! Great information !

15. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Ibwar15 & zombie brawler thanks for all the great information!

I'm going to go shopping around tmrw I will keep you posted

16. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Good luck and have fun!!

17. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I would not say they trump all other guns. I will say they are just as reliable as a XD(m) or any other quality gun tho. The only reason I bought a glock is bc they are ugly as hell but you can still have trust them to work. Other than that they git a lot of negatives on my list. I don't care for them much.

18. AR10

AR10 New Member

The hello kitty line of Glocks is a favorite among some.

This is a Glock 20, 10mm. Not going to find that on a XD, with or without the Hello Kitty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Looks like it was done with duck tape.

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That is wrong in so many ways. :eek: