GLOCK or MP

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by dickie3625, Nov 7, 2015.

1. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

Glock rules!!! Lol just kidden. But for the most part i have been a glock fanboy. Im here looking for reasons why you all love the M&P so much more. I did hold one once and hate to admit but it did feel more comfortable in hand than a glock.

2. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

That, the stock sights, and grip angle make it a better choice for some. However the stock trigger is just not as good as a stock glock trigger imho.

3. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 New Member

You should try a Steyr handgun: S9-A1, C9-A1, M9-A1, or L9-A1. Excellent stock trigger, ergonomics, low bore axis/low recoil, unique sights, very easy to completely disassemble, etc.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up. I like the metal sights and the fit of the grip. The out of the box trigger on the M&P is stiffer, grittier and has multiple "clicks" along its travel. The reset is longer and less distinct.

A Gen 4 Glock with Removeable back straps gets close to the grip feel of an M&P, but then you should still buy better than stock sights.

An M&P with an Apex trigger system gets pretty close to the Glock.

Both are good, and it all comes down to preference.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I not a fan of glocks grip design or angle . I have tried 2 glocks but they just take up safe space . Have m&ps and like the grip . They do need some apex parts for the trigger to work at its best but not a big deal . Now try a p320 and have the accuracy the nether glock or m&p are capable of and a good short reset trigger in a frame that fits your hand .

Here a good place to shop for handguns .
    http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/catalog.php?category=106683

6. ahole

ahole New Member

I have to agree with hurry1996 look at a steyr m9. I have one and it well out preforms a glock. And normaly come in at about $100 less then a new glock. It does have less felt muzzel flip due to the lower bore axis.

7. trigger643

trigger643 New Member

I'm not a great fan of striker fires handguns. I do have an M&P Pro 9 and a Glock 24. Neither is stock. Both have had trigger work and other tunings. The M&P has an optic and the 24 has been converted to .357 Sig.

Both shoot competently, are reliable and are decent handguns. Neither has lit my fire or warmed my heart. Neither seems to have any distinct advantage over the other.

I think picking one comes down to personal preference.

8. Seargent_York

Seargent_York New Member

'Glock or M&P'

No offense, but you need to get out more. there is a bigger, brighter universe out there than these two advertising-budget-fat brands

you ever hold a CZ in your hand? (My every day carry is pictured). How about a Sig? If you have, you will quit asking silly questions like "Glock or M&P". (the answer is neither lol)

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

9. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

The frame to slide mating surfaces on the M&P are considerably larger than on the Glock. Also these mating surfaces are pinned in on the M&P frame versus molded in on the Glock. This means they can be replaced on the M&P and built up and lapped for a precise fit. Such is not possible on the Glock. The M&P has the ability to provide a thumb safety which the Glock does not have. Also the M&P can be field stripped without having to pull the trigger; something else the Glock cannot do. Also with an Apex Flat-faced Forward Set Trigger (a trigger capable of sub 2lb zero creep pull) you have a trigger that the Glock crowd has yet to achieve.

All that said IMHO the M&P is hands down a better weapon and is light years ahead of the Glock.

10. Millitard777

Millitard777 New Member

M&P has a better trigger, look, recoil controllability and is just a better gun in my opinion. I have shot the M&P 9 and glock 17 (gen 4) side by side and the M&P won by a long shot. The only things I can think would be better about a glock is replacement parts.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  11. BWM243

BWM243 Member

M&P is my second the CZ is my first choice

12. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

Thanks. for all the replies

13. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

To seargent york. I actually prefer sigs but not for a daily carry. Hence the polymer gun for that. Never shot a cz. Ill add it to my list. Thnks

14. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

Both an M&P and a Glock and an LC9 s Pro for good measure

15. Beezer

Beezer Member

I shot the Glock 17 and M&P both before buying. In the end, M&P just felt better in my hand. I also liked that I could swap out the palm swells to get an even more "custom" fit. The only thing I didn't like about the M&P was the trigger, but I spent $50 with my gunsmith and got that cleaned up pretty quickly.

At the end of the day, both are black polymer guns; can't go wrong with either.

16. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I find the statements about the glock trigger being 'better' than the M&P a bit puzzling!!! I have owned several glocks and have been issued several different glocks over the years and NONE of them can come close to the trigger in my M&P!!!!:confused: I too find the M&P a much more 'comfortable' gun and I shoot it MUCH better than ANY glock I have used. All other things being equal HIT PROBABILITY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN SURVIVAL IN A GUN FIGHT!!!!:woohoo:

17. Navigator

Navigator New Member

I have a Glock 22 and-sea story-met and had lunch with Gaston Glock back in the late 80s during a port visit to Marseilles France. He spoke no English BUT the gent who I believe was his CEO translated. He spent a day and a morning aboard our flagship. He was very friendly but a bit of a quiet man. I learned a lot about Glocks during his visit.

Back on track. I've put hundreds of rounds through my Glock and while it is not my favorite, is a fine piece. My absolute favorite remains my Govt .45 ACP. It just feels right and I shot competitively with it in the early 80s.

My Air Force daughter and her husband, an Army helo pilot, both use Glocks for their CCs.

18. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

The m&p9 I owned had a very gritty trigger with no noticeable wall when the trigger was going to break. Also the trigger reset was not at all tactile. You couldn't feel or hear the reset. That's no big deal in a self defense situation, but as far as target practice range fun which I am 100% more likely to be doing with a firearm the m&p just didn't excite me. It was more comfortable and just as reliable as any glock but in the end I dumped it for a cz75b with no regrets. I could get decent groups out of the m&p but never really warmed up to the hinged trigger. That's why I like glock triggers better and I'm guessing most would have similar reasons for choosing glock triggers over m&p. My ppq's trigger however blows both m&p and glock away by a long shot

19. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Glock simply put is "jack of all trades and master of nothing", except marketing lol. Nobody has topped the marketing genius of glock

20. Beezer

Beezer Member

I wasn't suggesting the Glock was necessarily better. I just didn't like the grittiness of the M&P. As I said, easy fix and it made a great gun even better.