Glock Model 42 380 Cal.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Sniper03, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

While teaching in Florida this week I had the chance to experience the New Glock Model 42 380 Cal. Pistol.
    As previously stated the 380 is not my favorite choice of caliber although I carry a Kahr P-380 most of the time. This for the simple reason it is very small, conceals very well under light clothing and is also very light even when loaded. And it is best to have something on you than back in the car or truck console or glove box!
    The New Glock Model 42 380 Pistol that was just unveiled at the Shot Show 2014 was a very nice little pistol. It shot excellent right out of the box and was as easy to shoot as any 22 cal pistol I have ever fired. And accurate! Since head shots were possible at 25 yards which was impressive to say the least! I was very impressed with the little pistol. It is a scaled down version of the Glock regular pistols. Functions and operates exactly the same so no new frills or functions to learn. The operation, teardown and function are exactly the same as the present Glock Pistols. After looking at it in detail and firing it I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good small, good quality, and functional CCW or Backup pistol. And would also make an excellent ladies pistol.

Here are some specifications on the New Glock Model 42 Pistol:

Cal: 380
    Overall Length: 5.94 in.
    Width: .94 in.
    Height: 4.13 in.
    Weight 13.76 oz.
    Weight Loaded 14.36 oz.
    Trigger Pull 5.5 Lbs.
    Trigger Travel: .49 in.
    Magazine Capacity: 6 Rounds + 1 In the Chamber (7 total)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. mag318

mag318 Member

I agree with everything posted above. This is a very nice little pistol and Glock is going to sell a lot of them. The size is larger that an LCP or Bodyguard 380, just enough so it is comfortable shooting all day. But not to large to conceal easily. Well done Glock.
    Here it is next to my cold weather CCW M&P9c.

Attached Files:

3. G13

G13 New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1393346391.301669.jpg pick up my 42 so far so good

OIIIIIIIO

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal New Member

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago, even though I had no intention of buying one. I couldn't see a need for a .380, but once I saw it and held it, I was sold. I like that it is bigger than a Bodyguard or an LCP, those are a little too small for my taste.
    I've seem quite a few complaints with the slide not locking back, ammo issues, but mine has run great. I'm glad I bought it.

5. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

Ditto for me also..I've run about 150 through it, no issues. Also, it's easier to hit where you aim than with an LCP.

6. mag318

mag318 Member

Just did a range day and put another 100 rounds through my Glock 42. This is truly a shooters 380 and is heads and shoulders above all the other small 380s I've owned. You can comfortably shoot this baby Glock all day long.

Attached Files:

7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal New Member

It's very comfortable to shoot and incredibly accurate.

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I may have to look into getting one of these for the old lady. Sounds like a good enough excuse to me. :D

9. LibertySuppressors

LibertySuppressors New Member

I was thinking about this for my wife as well. What is the recoil like, if any?

Tim @ Liberty

10. mag318

mag318 Member

Tim, While there is noticeable recoil it's lighter than say an LCP or a Bodyguard. I put 100 rounds thru mine yesterday with no discomfort, something I could never do when I had an LCP.

11. therukh

therukh New Member

Recoil For The Wife

I tried my newly acquired G42 at the indoor range at Fort Harmar on Sunday evening. I used Federal 95 grain FMJ, Hydra-Shok's & Buffalo Bore Flat Nose. The recoil with both the Federal FMJ's & Hydra-Shok's was negligible...almost pleasant. The recoil with the BB's was not pleasant. It bordered on abusive. All ammo ran like a champ through the 42, but I'd stay with the low recoil for my wife to shoot, at least at the start.

12. LibertySuppressors

Great, Thanks!

Tim @ Liberty

13. LibertySuppressors

Good to know, thanks.

Tim @ Liberty

14. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal New Member

I've put a lot of brands of ammo through it and found the recoil negligible.
    It's a real pleasure to shoot.

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I haven't seen a G42 yet. How does the G42 compare to a Bersa thunder? Can one pocket carry the G42? I don't mean pocket carry like a S&W model 10 with the stock sticking out of your pocket...The hammer keeping the gun from falling out of your pocket. I can manage that with my G19.

I mean totally concealed by your pocket, with the gun in a pocket holster.

16. therukh

therukh New Member

G42 Pocket Carry

I pocket carry mine in the same pocket holster I use for my Kahr PM9. I can't speak to the Bersa Thunder but the G42 is about a quarter of an inch longer than my PM9 but much thinner and almost the same height. It's a sweet little gun and actually feels good in my hand, unlike most Glocks.

17. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I got one for my wife for Valentine's Day. She loves and I love it. Next on the list is an Argyle Armoring trigger job for it.

18. vmax1989

vmax1989 New Member

I've had my G-42 for 2 months and it has been 100% reliable. Like most people have said .380 auto is not my first choice for self defense. I have been carrying a S&W 442, .38 SPL as my backup gun for 18 years and the G-42 is going to replace it. Having "A GUN" with you 100% of the time is the first rule of winning.

VMAX1989

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have a Kel Tec 380 I carry when I have to be discreet. People talk smack about the Kel Tec. I bet my Kel Tec is 1,000x better in my pocket than any gun in their safe.

20. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

how is it "out of pocket"? :)