Glock innaccuracy

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 97cobra, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

My buddy just got a glock 22 and his brother has a 23. Both 40 S&W and asked me to accompany then to the gun club. I took the .45 hi-point that my dad gave me and my gun easily out shot both of them.

The 23 was pretty consistent in center mass but didn't have a tight group with all three of us shooting it at different targets. The 22 we were lucky if it hit the paper.

We were shooting at 10 yards initially and dropped down to 10 feet and the group from the 23 shrunk a good bit but the 22 was still hardly on the paper.

Any help that any of you can give me would be a great help. We can't figure it out at all.

2. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

What kind of sights did you have on each gun? the standard "U and dot" or something else? Any pics?

3. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Its almost always the shooter, hardly ever the gun.

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Just put a laser on it like i did to my 19 and you dont even have to think about it. Or you could take it to your local gun shop and have them sight them in to double check it. then again like it wad said before it's usually the shooter.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Are we talking about groups off a rest or just standing there banging away? If your not putting on a rest, your not testing anything but the shooter. The average Glock isn't a bench rest rifle, but it should be able to decently well if given a proper chance.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

From a rest both my G22 and G23 will hold to about 3" @ 25 yards using Winchester white box 165gr. Try shooting from a rest.

7. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

"Almost if not all guns are more accurate than the shooter".

8. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

All three of us shot all three guns and the only gun any of us had trouble with was the 22. Both the 23 and 22 have the same sights and we tried standing and from a rest.

9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Did he buy the 22 used? It could be shot out, so you should check the barrel. also, what type of ammo did you use? And like others have said, it's usually the shooter :(

10. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

He did buy it used and I didn't even look at the barrel. We used Winchester target loads. Wally world 100 round value packs.

11. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

have him the check the barrel, and see if it looks like its smooth, or if the inside looks like old concrete. This is what a new barrel looks like: glock barrel rifling - TheFiringLine Forums

12. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I'll let him know to check his barrel. I never even thought to check that.

13. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would check the barrel like TSP recommended. Another thing to consider is try it with a different brand or weight of ammunition and see if you get the same results.

14. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

If you can, find someone with a boresight. That will tell you if there is a problem with the sight alignment or the barrel not being true. It won't tell you if the barrel rifling is bad but it should give a good indication of where the barrel points.

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Did he get the G22 as a LE trade-in? Mine is and the bore's like new even though it's probably original from 1997 (because the caliber is marked the old way, 40S&W not 40). LE trade-ins are gone over by an armorer and supposedly upgraded when necessary. And Glock barrels last forever but of course anything can happen to an individual gun.

However, you said the G23 was a problem too - I don't see two Glocks being bad and dominated by a HiPoint, of all things. :p

16. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

The 23 wasn't too bad. Still not as accurate as I would have expected them to be.

17. dogwalker3110

dogwalker3110 New Member

Sights

I had the same problem, Practice, Practice, practice!

18. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Can a person wear out a Glock barrel with anything resembling normal use?

19. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Depends on your definition of normal use. A professional shooter might equate normal use to shooting 3k rounds a week. A bus driver that shoots on the weekends might say 100 rounds a week is normal. Just depends on the shooter what normal is.

20. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

Try cleaning the G22 and see if that helps. Also, some G22s like 165gr
    ammo and others like 180gr. It does make a difference.