Glock in Mass.

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by Danothemano, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Danothemano

Danothemano New Member

Can you buy a Glock in Massachusetts? I heard a rumor that it wasn't possible.

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

3. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

The main reason why a firearm isn't allowed in this state is - The manufacturer didn't pay a fee to have it sold here.

There are a few other reasons, however, most (if not all - only a small amount are outright banned) reasons that firearms are not allowed in MA is because of consumer laws.

4. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Yes, you CAN own and purchase a Glock in MA.

Currently, Gen 4 Glocks are the only ones that we can't get, yet.

Whoever you heard this rumor from is an idiot.

5. Kodeman

Kodeman Member

I bought a pre-ban Glock 19 Gen2, 4 months ago at a gun shop for $500. It came with a 15rd mag and everything was legal. I could of even bought a 30rd mag for $100 extra but declined. That being said, I had been searching for a high cap Glock for a long time before this one came along. You need to be patient and ready to go when the call comes in.

6. jujutsuka

jujutsuka New Member

Do you know something I don't? I've been looking for evidence of any discussions at the state level about lifting the AWB. Unfortunately, last time I checked, Devalue Patrick was still the gov.

7. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Go to Four Seasons in Woburn, last time I was there (a few months ago) they had a few Gen 2 and 3 Glocks.

As far as an AWB, when did this happen (again)? I visited 2 different LGS over the weekend, and they were still selling ARs and AKs.. (we still have restrictions on them, but as far as I know, not a full out ban).

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Maybe drop tests also?

9. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

There are many reasons. Like I said before, the d-bag AG is using consumer laws to try to keep guns out of the state.

Fortunately, there are many companies that like doing business with us that make MA compliant arms and accessories (just as they do for CA).

The reason for not allowing a single action revolver probably has more to do with the lack of paying a fee to get added to the list than anything else. While the AG is a d-bag, the former one that set up this BS also knew that he couldn't outright ban a firearm, especially when the Gov at the time wouldn't have let him.

10. jujutsuka

jujutsuka New Member

Right, Mason. I was loosely referring to it as the "AWB", though it's not identical.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If you buy a glock later than Gen 2 you will be limited to 10 rnd mags and run the risk of having to return it. It has happened in the past that ffl's have been given the go ahead to sell newer glocks and then gotten a letter from the ag demanding they be returned. If I remember correctly four seasons has been through it. Keep your eyes out and have your money ready and you can get a pre-ban Gen 2. It's worth the wait for the capacity alone.

On a side note if you find a pre-ban glock 20 during your search let me know. I've been looking for months.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  12. Cshooter

Cshooter New Member

Man Mass is a tough place for gun owners. My wife had mentioned moving to Mass, I said no thanks. Not just cause of the gun laws, but I dont want to pay taxes in two states. I have other reasons as well, but those are the main ones. On the positive side though, guns seem to be cheaper in Mass than RI, with the exception of glocks for some reason. None of that pre-ban stuff here.:)

13. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Those are kinda hard to find. I got mine off a State Trooper (Gen 4)... there are times I love loopholes.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I get alot of stuff from military police and Leo's. Still waiting for my glock armorer buddy to get lucky on one or something.

15. Snatale42

Snatale42 New Member

Shouldn't call people idiots, when you yourself are giving incorrect info. MANY people in MA have Gen4's. They come into the state legally and then can be LEGALLY xfered in FTF transactions. You'll pay for it, but you can get them.

16. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

I bought my Gen2 G19 back in 1990 in Mass. I am glad I no longer reside there...too much BS...

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Due to the fact there isn't any official law and the AG refuses to produce the magic list (plausible deniability) the Old Mill Gun Shop is selling new glocks. Glocks are on the approved roster that does exist. Until that changes or the invisible list appears or our lawyer is contacted, glocks will be sold.
    Come and get em guys.

18. Snatale42

Snatale42 New Member

Good for them! Bout time somebody ignores that crap. After all Glocks ARE on the approved roster, I've never seen it refer to the Generation of the gun.

19. petesrt4

petesrt4 New Member

Loving my Gen 4 G27 from the old mill gunshop great guys there too