Glock Grip Angle

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ontime, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ontime

ontime New Member

Have a question.

I know the grip angle is more on a glock. I have always heard it was designed to point the gun properly from combat positions. I was wondering if anyone thinks the steeper grip angle also allows the round to more easily enter the chamber from the magazine? Just kind of makes sense to me and maybe is part of the guns fantastic reliability.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The grip angle thing is basically a myth. There is about a 1 degree difference from most guns. Doesn't affect chambering. Gun works upside down too. Lol
    I like that your thinking though.

3. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I don't know about the grip angle, but most people who pick up the Glock seem to hate the way it feels. I guess they may be right to a certain extent. I always hear the XD feels much better. I tell them to get an XD then and there's nothing wrong with them. What most don't understand is that the Glock has a way of becoming more comfortable when gotten used to, which most people seem to experience. I stuck the A-Grip on my G27 and it feels real good in the hand. On a sub compact you can even extend the grip. It's also been very dependable, which is most important when carrying concealed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I think this is the theory on grip angles. A straighter up and down grip angle, like on a 1911 or Glocks, makes it easier to aim. A more slanted grip angle, like on a Luger or Ruger, makes it easier to handle recoil.

5. danolator

danolator New Member

IMO this is one area where the S&W M&P series has it all over Glock. I love my Glock, but the M&P is set at the optimum angle.

6. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I have to admit this is one of the more puzzling criticisms I see in various on line forums.

On all my years of shooting I have never picked op a gun and felt "Oh my god, this grip angle is all wrong! I can't shoot this handgun well!" I've got double and single action revolvers, As well as auto pistols from several different makers. The all have different grip angles but I somehow manage to cope.

This isn't a slam against you, danolator. I just don't get it...

7. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

If we're talking comfortable grips I have to say one of my favorites where my autos are concerned is my T-Series Browning HP, which I purchased in '69. I couldn't improve how well it fits in my hand, especially when firing it.
    [​IMG]

8. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Glocks angle is perfect. John Browning missed perfection by one degree.

9. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Damn, I never realized it. I'm tossing it in a crusher.:rolleyes:

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I've often wondered how 1 degree could turn so many people off.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You know why 1 degree turns me off? Because people keep going back to it. I guarantee 90% of the people who talk about the glock grip angle couldn't tell a 48 degree angle from a 49 degree angle.
    I can understand the 'its like a 2x4 in my hand' complaint, but the grip angle is bs.

12. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The reason is there will always be haters of every brand out there!! I have a SR1911 and a G35! I love them both and shoot great with both of them. I don't cry over the angle or it's to wide!! It's like a Democrat and Republican, they will never get along!!!!

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I've never owned a Glock for two reasons:

1. I've fired several and fall into the "feels like a 2x4 crowd"
    2. I could never justify $500 for something that UGLY!

Honestly guys, I know there good guns but IF my dog were that ugly, I'd shave her ass and train her to walk backwards...:D

Now if I ever trip across a used G19 for under $200, I will drop the two bills and spend some quality time to see if the hoopla is really all that. ;)

Tack

14. Isis0927

Isis0927 New Member

Glocks ugly? You're trippn.. Utilitarian is the word.. You're one of them dudes that needs a Sig or 1911 to boost their self esteem huh?? Pankecki

15. danolator

danolator New Member

It always boils down to personal preference and what is the best ergonomic fit for you. I love my Glock, but I had to work with tapes and sleeves until it felt right. The M&P felt perfect right out of the box. 1911's are my 2x4's.

16. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Hehe! I may love my Glocks, but I'd never say no to a Browning Hi-Power. Those are sweet guns.

17. Isis0927

Isis0927 New Member

Talk about Glocks being ugly, that browning is atrocious.. Now that's an ugly gun!

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Ok... Asthetics 101

Utilitarian = Ford Crown Vic
    Ugly = Glock

Yeah Yeah, asthetics are a "preference" thing but there are so Many other guns to choose from that are as good or better, look better, and are less money?

I don't think there is anything wrong with Glock persee, but to me, there like a overpriced Kel Tek.

Tack

19. Isis0927

Isis0927 New Member

Oh, and professor, it's "Per se" not persee.. Just, ya know.. For "future reference"..

20. danolator

danolator New Member

Dude! Seriously??? You are going to try and compare the engineering, functionality, and reputation of a Glock to a Kel Tec???