Glock deals, which one?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by lukegold, Sep 27, 2010.

1. lukegold

lukegold New Member

I came across this two deals on Glocks at SlickGuns
    which one do you think its better, if these are deals at all

Glock Mod 22 (Used) 3rd Generation with 2-15rd Magazines for $389.95 from AimSurplus

Glock Model 17 New 9mm 9mm Fixed Sights 17rnd for $497.62 from Wholesale Hunters

are there any better deals available?

I plan on having it in my truck all the time that's why i'm kinda leaning towards the used one. What are the main differences between 17 and 22?

2. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

I would save me 100 bucks and grab the .40 cal if its slightly used.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The 17 is a full size 9mm and the 22 is a full size .40 S&W...

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Either way both good deals. All you have to do now is decide what caliber you want to shoot.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Both are great. I have more 22's than 17's, but the 17 is the way to go unless you want to pony up the dough and get a Gen 4 22.

6. indyfan

indyfan New Member

No big difference

the 22 will have a slightly wider frame.

I'd go with the 22, save yourself 100 bucks for some night sights

7. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Glock site :)

for the difference in the G22-G17 go here

http://www.glock.com/downloads/GLOCK_Gen4_en.pdf

My reasoning for owning both G22-G17; They are identical with exception of barrel and magazine, my son has the ?G23? {don't remember; doesn't really matter} other than being able to go from on to another without thought

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Frame width is exactly the same on the 22 and the 17, Indy. Top ends will interchange between the two.

9. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Guess my eye sight is deteriorating from old age. I held up a Glock 17 and 22 side by side and the 22 looked wider. (I swear it did)

But M14 is right, I checked the Glock website, they are the same width. Forgive my misinformation.

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

A new G22 might be a hair thicker than an old G17. The Gen 3 frame with finger grooves is a hair beefier than the Gen2 frame.

Frames of each model of the same vintage are the same, dimensionally.

11. billt

billt New Member

If you're in Phoenix, keep an eye on Cabela's. They have the best deals in town on Glocks. They are almost always running $50.00 off sales on them. They have most every model in stock, even the compensated ones. You can pick up a new one for what many shops charge for used. Bill T.

12. lukegold

lukegold New Member

thanks guys. I might just have to go in-store and hold and feel both before I decide. But i will probably order online since its always at least around $100 cheaper.

13. dennab

dennab New Member

GSSF discount?

Have you considered the GSSF Pistol Purchase Discount? Join the GSSF and get any Glock for $425. Fee to join is $35. No, I'm not a GSSF employee, just wanted to share that with you. I joined a few weeks ago and once they sent me my registration card, I found a local dealer that honored the discount. A brand new G19 for $425!!

14. lukegold

lukegold New Member

What's GSSF?

15. lukegold

lukegold New Member

Also what do you guys think about ISSC M22 glock 22LR clone?

16. lukegold

lukegold New Member

17. billt

billt New Member

If you're going to buy a Glock that way, purchase it through Davidson's. www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of guns: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns. You can shop through local dealers on line near your home, purchase the gun on line, and it will automatically be shipped to the dealer of your choice. You get the best price without leaving your keyboard.

Now the best part. Every gun you purchase from them, regardless of make, model, or cost, is covered by a LIFETIME FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY! No other dealer or distributor in the nation offers this. It is literally the same guarantee you get with a Craftsman Tool. I've used it with great success.

About 3 years ago I bought a Ruger Mark II .22 Pistol through Davidson's and my local dealer. I took it to the range the following week, and at around 80 rounds it broke! The trigger wouldn't reset. I called my dealer and he told me to bring it right over with the box and all of the paperwork. When I got there he had already called Davidson's and they told him they were sending a new gun out. The next day I had a brand new gun in my hand! Nowhere else would this have happened. At best most dealers will send the gun back to the factory, and you'll wait weeks for what amounts to a repaired gun. I even bought my .50 BMG Bushmaster BA-50 Rifle from them this way. If anything ever happens to it, I know I'll get a brand new gun, not some repaired POS. Bill T.

18. scherfinator

scherfinator New Member

sign up with the GSSF and see if there is a gun store in your area that is part of this program....You can get a brand new glock 17, 19, 22, 23 for $425 plus there membership fee of $35

19. lukegold

lukegold New Member

thanks for the info. Is there a way to check which dealer will honor the $425 Glock price or I will just have to call and ask each one?

20. tmoore912

tmoore912 New Member

You have to call to find a local dealer. Here is info off the GSSF website.

Prices and telephone number can be found here: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010