Firearms Talk banner

Glock de horn

6K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  kytowboater 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me how to "de horn" a glock?

#15 ·
Oh you must be a 1911 guy.
You don't know me very well do you? I've carried a Glock everyday on duty and off duty for the past 8 years. I'm a certified Glock armorer. My company specializes in Glock upgrades and modifications. There are no sharp edges on a Glock. To "dehorn" a Glock would imply to smooth the corners on the slide to ease with the holstering of the gun. Smoothing the front of the trigger guard is "smoothing the front of the trigger guard" not "dehorning a Glock".

#16 ·
You don't know me very well do you? I'm a certified Glock armorer. My company specializes in Glock upgrades and modifications. There are no sharp edges on a Glock. To "dehorn" a Glock would imply to smooth the corners on the slide to ease with the holstering of the gun. Smoothing the front of the trigger guard is "smoothing the front of the trigger guard" not "dehorning a Glock".
It also compromises the finish if you were to do it. Not the best idea.

#17 ·
A axe said for carry! The corner on the trigger guard is what I'm referring to!
Finally! I have been sitting on pins and needles (it's not just for fun anymore) waiting to know. I once again have a smile on my face. A stupid smile, but a smile nonetheless.

If I were to do this I would use an exacto snap saw, and my copious collection of files. I might stipple / checker to match. All while having access to a nice vice and engineering square, and a pseudo-French-curve kinda thing.

I would also know that resale value might be affected, although it wouldn't bother me.

I could expect that I would not like the result and I can't reverse it.

I could expect that something inside, like a void or fiber might be exposed.

I would also be aware that I could botch it and end up with a Fitz Special

Nothing would say "Glock Leg" more than a Fitz on a Glock.

#20 ·
Axxe55 said:
that is covered by the holster if you carry. it doesn't really need to be "de-horned".

most part, many pistols are "de-horned" for purely cosmetic reasons, because it looks good. most modern pistols are already pretty smooth for holster carry from the factory.
True cosmetically I would like it much better, but I can feel the corner on my holster as Unholster it. I guess everybody's different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.