Glock customizations?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by rapp1, Sep 23, 2013.

1. rapp1

rapp1 New Member

I just bought the glock 21sf. Great gun!! Are there any gun customizations you guys think are essential or necessary? What customizations did you put on your glock?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Tritium fiber optic sights.

3. rapp1

rapp1 New Member

How much did that cost you?

4. orangello

orangello New Member

How hot will your oven get? Is it self-cleaning?
    ;)

5. rapp1

rapp1 New Member

Thanks for the reply mountain man I appreciate it. As far as my oven... Gets pretty hot but not self cleaning...

6. frefighter627

frefighter627 New Member

I would def invest in a good set of night sights. Some get a trigger job done to lighten the pull, others polish feed ramps, some even repaint an recoat the slide. In the end, is any of it
    Mandatory? No it isn't.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

carry, SD/HD, range use or,.........?

intended use would dictate what mods i would do to any pistol.

my first suggestion, is if the pistol is new or new to you, i would put several hundreds of rounds through it before making any modifications to it.

8. Axxe55

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

What? The lack of trigger guard makes this an extremely fast weapon to use. The notch cut in the mag well makes loading and removing mags a quick and easy task. To top it all off, the full body stippling and custom paint job truly makes this highly customized pistol look like the turd it is. :D

10. Axxe55

TWW, i might buy a Glock, just not that POS Glock!:eek:

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'm with you. There's a few GLOCKS on my list of guns I want, but I wouldn't own that POS. I can't believe someone actually bought it for $575. :eek:

12. Axxe55

i am like Vikingdad. i think he had someone shilling for him or he was bidding on his own pistol to drive up the price.

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The parts and peripherals are worth $200, maybe $250. The frame has to be replaced. It would be a nice donor pistol for one of the Timberwolf frames from Lone Wolf.

To get back on task; Night sights, $.50 trigger job (look on Youtube), a case of ammo down range. Not much else necessary.

My G-20C EDC/duty gun. Ameriglo sights, $.50 trigger job, +2 extensions, 2 more mags (for a total of 5), a butt load of Lone Wolf conversion barrels. Oh, and a Streamlight TLR-1 light.