glock concealed carry holster suggestions

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Iggy85, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Iggy85

Iggy85 New Member

I recently purchased a Glock 19 rtf and a galco concealed carry holster. The holster is nice and it is comfortable and secures the trigger well. The problem is, when I try to pull it out of the holster it doesn't come as easily as I'd like it to and makes for a dangerous self defense situation should one arise. Any suggestions on a better holster for my glock?

2. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I have became a big fan of the cross breed Holsters. It fits very well and has good retention but not too much. I can't remember the site so just google it.

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

The holster prob needs to be broken in is all, and you need to practice drawing your weapon over and over (unloaded) and that will help it....

4. Iggy85

Iggy85 New Member

Thanks for the recommendation engine5truck, ill check it out.

5. Iggy85

Iggy85 New Member

I have been trying to get use to it for the past few weeks, practice every other night on avg and it doesn't seem to be loosening up. Its a hard plastic holster so im not sure if it has all that much give to it

6. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I use a crossbreed for my g17, most comfortable holster I own. I would try one out. Or you can give Tommy theis holsters a try. Heard nothing but excellent things about the theis holsters. Either one would be a wise choice, they're two of the best out there.

7. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck. Very comfortable holster. When I don't need deep concealment, I use a Fobus paddle holster. Super comfortable and easy on/off.

8. kingfish15

kingfish15 New Member

Take a look at a Blackhawk SERPA. Great retention that you soon forget is even there when you draw. Maybe I was lucky, but the retention release was exactly where my index finger naturally went on the draw.

9. mayscat44

mayscat44 New Member

I also have a G19 rtf and I carry concealed every day. I would suggest the Minotaur holster from comp-tac. They are very similar to the cross-breed holsters, but I've seen reviews that give the Minotaur the slight edge. I've been wearing mine for almost 2 years now and I absolutely love it for IWB!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  10. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Try TommyTheis holsters....good quality and reasonable price.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1. I have them for my G19 & 26.

12. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

You'll have a drawer full of holsters before you find the one you like. I actually got my favorite off of e-bay.

13. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

If I were you, I would do some research on the SERPA before I bought one.

-Fred

14. Iggy85

Iggy85 New Member

Thanks for the advice. After doing some research, im leaning towards the cross breed super tuck. Just looks like a good reliable holster that makes drawing more reliable and consistent.

15. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

Yes you will have a drawer full of holsters. I just moved to Washington state 2 days ago and I already have a drawer dedicated to holsters. My favorite for concealment is the cross breed. It's comfy. Secure. And is just awesome. I have he little internal laser with the extended slide release ( on off switch) so I had to modify it a little. And.the blackhawk paddle holster I absolutely love when concealment is not a big issue

16. Glockanista

Glockanista New Member

Super tuck is one of my favorites. Good weight distribution well made and very concealable.

17. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

i bought the galco N3 for my glock, which is a molded leather holster. Mine was incredibly tough at first, but after a day or two of breaking in, it was great. I basically just put the unloaded gun in and twisted it and wiggled it to loosen it up. Then id just keep drawing it in and out for about an hour afterwards.

18. GateMcBate

GateMcBate New Member

Im think of getting a king tuck from galco for G23. Anyone have one that can tell me if its worth the money. And how well can you conceal the 23 for daily carry?

19. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I have a 32 which is the same size as yours only in 357SIG. It conceals very well in my Super Tuck. I think the King Tuck is similar so you should be good.

20. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

I just got this for daily cc with my G23 and
    the holster is awesome ,comfortable and
    does not print at all. It is great for my G26
    as well. It is the best holster I have ever
    owned and I have dozens of them.