Glock CC?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hlander, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Would a Glock 30 be an alright choice for a subcompact concealed carry weapon?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Very much so-
    Even my local dealers partner has one on him :cool:
    I had one for awhile but just didn't fall in love with it- Sorry but i just dont care for Glocks but don't hold that againt a excellant carry weapon :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

3. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Thanks, I was thinking so but I just wanted someone else's opinion.

4. Hlander

Hlander New Member

May I ask what you carry? I honestly only like glocks because of their popularity.... pretty dumb reasoning I have to admit.

5. phburks

phburks New Member

I know you weren't asking me, but just wanna throw in my 2¢. I'm pretty new to carrying (going on 3 months now). I have 2 guns that alternate carrying: XD 9mm subcompact, and a Taurus 605 .357mag revolver. The .357 is what I've ended up carrying most often because it conceals so well and because the .357 has better stopping power. But I also really like to carry the XD.

The reason I like the XD over Glock is the grip safety, and it was slightly more affordable.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The Glock will conceal just fine,just get you a comfortable concealment holster. I carry a fullsize 1911 everyday

7. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

The Glock 30 is just a tad bigger than my M&P40C. I carry that with ease

8. Hlander

Hlander New Member

I was considering an XD .45 because of the different clips that increase and decrease the grip length. I really would like to carry a .45, it is unnecessary to do so, a well placed bullet of almost any caliber will do the job.

9. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Alright thanks, do you carry IWB?

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I seldom feel the need to carry on my person but when i do its a full sized 1911 or Ruger SR9C-

11. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

I honestly can't remember ever leaving the house without a weapon, usually 2.

Been that way since 1973 when I got out of the police academy. (and in NYC, LEO's are required to be armed when off duty) so it's literally second nature to holster up when I leave the house.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  12. vincent

vincent New Member

G30, IWB, EDC, no worries...:cool:

13. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

I do alternate from time to time what I carry but only one in my rotation is a compact/sub-compact and that is my Glock 26. My favorite to carry is either my M&P45 full-size or my Glock 21; carrying a full-size weapon is much easier than you'd think but it relies heavily on you investing in a good belt, something that was designed to be used for carrying a weapon or equipment. I use an Ares Gear Ranger belt that is one of the finest belts I've ever seen. Nice and thick, doesn't roll or twist and stays put no matter how much you move or how much you have hooked on it. Also important is a good holster. Don't be afraid to invest 20% or so of your gun's cost in a holster...you did just spend $550 for a gun so don't cringe at $100 for a good place to keep it! Names like Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac, Safariland, Raven Concealment Systems...there are some great holster manufacturers out there, don't settle for a nylon piece of junk simply because it is inexpensive; you wouldn't buy cheap tires from WalMart to put on your new Corvette so don't carry your piece in a piece of junk!

Unless you are going to pocket-carry an LCP you're going to have to alter your wardrobe a bit to help with EDC a weapon. Tall-size t-shirts, bowling shirts... it's a bit of a life style and you do have to alter some things about you and the way you dress when you carry. to me, being able to have something on my person that will help defend me or my family is worth having to go clothes shopping a time or two in order to help keep it concealed.

The G30 is an awesome weapon and I will eventually add one to the collection. I'm on a shotgun kick right now or I'd already have one for myself. Post pics when you bring home what you decide on!

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont have a IWB yet but im going to get one before summer..ive got my eye on the crossbreed supertuck

15. phburks

phburks New Member

I find this statement a curious one. How do you determine when you'll need to be able to defend your life?

16. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Im still in school so I can only carry on the weekends or after school. When I get out of college I would like my job to be with guns or at least allow them to be carried.

17. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Ill post pics if I decide to get a new carry weapon immediately, I might research a bit more before I do so. I currently carry my kel tec pf9 I like the size of the firearm but I want a large caliber. The kel tec is certainly concealable.

18. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Alright let me know how that treats you when/if you decide to purchase it.

19. BikerRN

BikerRN New Member

I think the Glock 30 is considered a "compact" size by Glock.

The Glock 26/27/33 are their "sub-combats, if I recall correctly. With that said I often carry a Glock 19 concealed which would be on par, size wise, as the Glock 30. The ability to effectively conceal the weapon has more to do with your style of dress and quality of the belt and holster than the actual weapon itself.

20. Hlander

Hlander New Member

Alright ill have to consider how much im willing to change my style of dress. I apologize if my terminology was incorrect.