Glock Armorer Course

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by okdonk, Jun 26, 2012.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Has anyone attended the Glock Armorer Course? I read the course descriptions, it's all about field stripping, reassembly, understanding Glock's functions and safeties and etc. Then at the end of the course we will be given a test which requires 80% score to complete. Passing it will get us a Glock Armorer certificate. There's one 1day course coming up at my local area next month and it costs $195.
    My questions are:
    I know how to clean, field strip and reassembly. So what will i be gaining beside what i already knew?
    Are there any perks or goodies at the end of the course?
    And the last, the certificate is a lifetime or there's an expiration date on it?
    I'm aware learning is a priceless thing as sky is the limit. But if i'm going to attend one, i have to not working that day.
    So anyone opinions whom already attended the course? Thank you

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I haven't attended but from my understanding it's a three year cert and the perk is ordering parts directly from Glock and you get a couple pistols at below distributor prices.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

To my understanding i can order all the necessary parts and almost any parts of my Glock from online retailers like glockstore.com, rockyourglock.com and glockmeister.com. And majority of the parts are not that expensive.
    U meant by purchasing the Glocks at LE prices using the GSSF coupons?

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

5. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Bingo. Ive heard the same thing

6. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I'm a GSSF member and i do have the coupon on hand. In that case, the discount thingy is not a perk at all to the Armorer Course.

7. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

3 year cert and all I got was a takedown tool, some stickers, a new york trigger spring and a orange test backplate and manuals.

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

That's i wanted to know. Thank you so much!

9. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Plus they provide lunch!

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

What kind of lunch was it? Just asking ;)

11. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Just some lame assed catered meal, chicken, meatballs and a veg:)

12. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

sorry ass meal Lol welp I won't be doing it. I was thinking about doing it my self but I'm a security officer so I can get the discount my self. Gen3 g17 $398 Gen4 g17 $427 at gtdist.com

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012