Glock 9mm with custom skulls?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by adamsls2, May 19, 2011.

1. adamsls2

adamsls2 New Member

Hope you guys can help me out, I was at my local gun shop yesterday and they had for sale a Glock 9mm with the frame done up in black and white skulls. I asked about it and they just told me a company does it for them. Does anyone know how they do it or who is doing it? He told me I can only buy the gun like that and they will not send your current gun out to have it done. id like to have all my handguns done something like that. thanks for any help or advice.

2. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

3. mcfroggin

mcfroggin New Member

Any others? I'm interested as well.

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I purchased a Glock 22 from Cabelas a few months ago that had a carbon fiber finish on it.

They counter man a Cabelas told me that glock does that to some of the refurbished units to aid in the selling of them, it also came with and accessory kit which was a holster and mag holster. They had a gen two model 17 there also that had $100 dollar bills on it but it definitely had the ghey:D

5. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

glockstore.com does the service also

6. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

I have a friend that has a Polished stainless slide engraved with his name, flames , and little sculls. When i see him ill see who did it and will let you know

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  7. mcfroggin

mcfroggin New Member

That's some expensive personalization. Are all this expensive?

8. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

it might also be that, i forget what it is exactly called, but its like hydropainting or hydro coating...something like that. but its a really cool process where they basically leave a paint film on the surface of a bucket of water and dip in the part to get the coating. they is all sorts of camo patterns or skulls, snake skin patterns etc...I was thinking about getting my px4 done in the white digital camo.

9. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

10. Werminator

Werminator Member

I believe that process is called hydrodipping. In a basic sense, they have a sheet that lays on top of the water in a tank, disolves into a film, then adheres to whatever is dunked into the tank. I am oversimplifying of course, but it is a very neat process... Very popular in paintball as an alternative to annodizing. Hydrodipping or hydrographing is a fairly durable process and as was already mentioned, has potential to provide the consumer many options for customizing. As far as laser engraving, look up paintball customizing. I would wager that many of the companies who do the custom laser work on paintball guns would also do it on slides and trigger frames...

11. Werminator

Werminator Member