Glock 9mm conversion

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by FearTheFree7, Aug 5, 2012.

1. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Sorry if this was already covered but I looked for 10 min and couldn't find this topic. What company makes the best conversion barrels? I've seen Lone Wolf and KKM, but who has the best reputation? Thanks

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

They are both well known for aftermarket Glock barrels. KKM is more expensive than Lone. And i noticed more people got the Lone conversion barrels than the KKM.

3. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Yea I've seen more talk about Lone Wolf mostly good but as well as it being bad. Heard it was hit or miss that it would just "drop in". Now the Lone Wolf is sold out everywhere I've looked.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Try glockstore.com, rockyourglock.com or glockmeister.com or the lone site itself?

5. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

All of the but glock store said out if stock. Glock store said to email them to check stock. Thank you for the websites.

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I bought my Lone Wolf barrel from Cheaper than dirt web site. The barrel does just drop in and ready to shoot.

7. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Yea glock store is sold out as well. Still can't find one.

8. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

For the price of a whole set up slide ready 2 switch calibers on your gun I would much rather just buy a new gun 2 b honest plus I disagree with the kits because there is a diff on the extractors with the diff calibers ur not changing that part so with a new barrel or slide u still don't have all the parts nessary to have a reliable glock in my opinion... There is a huge angle diff in glock caliber models the only thing I see working would b a .40cal to a .357 sig round that's it...

9. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

10. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the .40 and the 9mm use nearly the same extractor. On the Smith polymer guns they are exactly the same part. The conversion works inspite of what logic tells us should work.

I can use my 9mm shell plate to load 95% of the .40 cases I have tried. There ain't much difference.

12. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Well may b true , they are diff angles on both calibers but for a full slide set up for $375 I'll just buy another gun . That's just me but I can't say much I got a factory 9mm kit for my sig 226 enhance elite and like it ... But even if it works for glocks I would rather have 2 lol

13. robocop10mm

I'm going in the opposite direction. Just ordered 4 new barrels for my G-20. .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm conventional rifled and 9 X 25. Considering a .45 slide assembly to make it a 5 caliber gun.

14. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You can make a GLOCK .40 cal shoot 10mm? Really??

15. robocop10mm

No, but you can make a Glock 10mm shoot .40

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

From bigger to smaller caliber, yes you can. Can't be from smaller to bigger caliber.

17. g23shooter

g23shooter New Member

I have a G23 and have been using a .40 to 9mm conversion KKM barrel, I use it when shooting a local IDPA. I have had two FTE with Fed. Red box , other than that I have had no issues.Very accurate and it was a drop in. Although I have never used a Wolf, I believe to a certain extent you get what you pay for. Oh and I hate that goofy Wolf logo.

18. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

So all I'll need for my g23 is just a 9mm barrel and it's good or will I need g19 mags also ... I'm looking 4 cheaper plinking glock ...

19. okdonk

okdonk New Member

U need the conversion 9mm barrel.. not just regular 9mm barrel. Yes.. you need 9mm mags too.

20. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

I have read guys using 40 sw mags but liability was around 90% they said.