Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this was already covered but I looked for 10 min and couldn't find this topic. What company makes the best conversion barrels? I've seen Lone Wolf and KKM, but who has the best reputation? Thanks

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
They are both well known for aftermarket Glock barrels. KKM is more expensive than Lone. And i noticed more people got the Lone conversion barrels than the KKM.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okdonk said:
They are both well known for aftermarket Glock barrels. KKM is more expensive than Lone. And i noticed more people got the Lone conversion barrels than the KKM.
Yea I've seen more talk about Lone Wolf mostly good but as well as it being bad. Heard it was hit or miss that it would just "drop in". Now the Lone Wolf is sold out everywhere I've looked.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okdonk said:
Try glockstore.com, rockyourglock.com or glockmeister.com or the lone site itself?
All of the but glock store said out if stock. Glock store said to email them to check stock. Thank you for the websites.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
FearTheFree7 said:
All of the but glock store said out if stock. Glock store said to email them to check stock. Thank you for the websites.
I bought my Lone Wolf barrel from Cheaper than dirt web site. The barrel does just drop in and ready to shoot.

·
Registered
309 Posts
For the price of a whole set up slide ready 2 switch calibers on your gun I would much rather just buy a new gun 2 b honest plus I disagree with the kits because there is a diff on the extractors with the diff calibers ur not changing that part so with a new barrel or slide u still don't have all the parts nessary to have a reliable glock in my opinion... There is a huge angle diff in glock caliber models the only thing I see working would b a .40cal to a .357 sig round that's it...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
For the price of a whole set up slide ready 2 switch calibers on your gun I would much rather just buy a new gun 2 b honest plus I disagree with the kits because there is a diff on the extractors with the diff calibers ur not changing that part so with a new barrel or slide u still don't have all the parts nessary to have a reliable glock in my opinion... There is a huge angle diff in glock caliber models the only thing I see working would b a .40cal to a .357 sig round that's it...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the .40 and the 9mm use nearly the same extractor. On the Smith polymer guns they are exactly the same part. The conversion works inspite of what logic tells us should work.

I can use my 9mm shell plate to load 95% of the .40 cases I have tried. There ain't much difference.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well may b true , they are diff angles on both calibers but for a full slide set up for $375 I'll just buy another gun . That's just me but I can't say much I got a factory 9mm kit for my sig 226 enhance elite and like it ... But even if it works for glocks I would rather have 2 lol

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I'm going in the opposite direction. Just ordered 4 new barrels for my G-20. .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm conventional rifled and 9 X 25. Considering a .45 slide assembly to make it a 5 caliber gun.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
robocop10mm said:
I'm going in the opposite direction. Just ordered 4 new barrels for my G-20. .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm conventional rifled and 9 X 25. Considering a .45 slide assembly to make it a 5 caliber gun.
You can make a GLOCK .40 cal shoot 10mm? Really??

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a G23 and have been using a .40 to 9mm conversion KKM barrel, I use it when shooting a local IDPA. I have had two FTE with Fed. Red box , other than that I have had no issues.Very accurate and it was a drop in. Although I have never used a Wolf, I believe to a certain extent you get what you pay for. Oh and I hate that goofy Wolf logo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
So all I'll need for my g23 is just a 9mm barrel and it's good or will I need g19 mags also ... I'm looking 4 cheaper plinking glock ...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
R3c0n5n1p3r said:
So all I'll need for my g23 is just a 9mm barrel and it's good or will I need g19 mags also ... I'm looking 4 cheaper plinking glock ...
U need the conversion 9mm barrel.. not just regular 9mm barrel. Yes.. you need 9mm mags too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R3c0n5n1p3r said:
I have read guys using 40 sw mags but liability was around 90% they said.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts