Glock 44 (22lr)

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Rifling82, Dec 10, 2019.

1. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

While I do like my Glock 23 and it's purpose, that of being more authoritative than a "Louisville Slugger", rather than choosing a Glock for rimfire shooting, I'll stick with my Ruger Mark pistols.
    When practicing for a defensive posture, I'll use my Glock 23 and the .40 S&W ammunition that I carry in it.
    Maybe when/if I get really old and crotchety, then I'll carry a .22 Ruger Mark CCW pistol only to give an attacker something to think about as they're in a hospital bed until the leaks have all been plugged up:

[​IMG]

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. Maineiak

Maineiak Member

I think I will stick with my Buckmark, but I do like the looks of it. For all those people that complain about the 10 shot magazine, I would rather have a reliable and easy to load 10 shot then a 25 shot jamomatick that is hard to load.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Adopted one today. $359 + 8.5% sales tax.

Bigcountry02, Rifling82 and PaBushMan like this.
  4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker Well-Known Member

From what I've been seeing and reading lately, Glock's decision to stick with a 10rd mag did nothing to help it's reliability. Apparently, the Taurus tx22 with it's 16rd mag is far more reliable at a far cheaper price point.

I kinda wanted one of those Glock 44s. Not so much anymore.

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Real world discussion on the Colt and Ruger forum is the G44 says doing okay and that is what I based my decision to buy on.

My LGS got 5 in a few weeks back and sold them all PDQ, no negative feedback from those customers.

I bought number 6 from said LGS.

LGS tells me a 15 round mag for the G44 is coming.

Heck, I may buy a TX22 myself, one in each hand, side by side comparison so to speak.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. Maineiak

Maineiak Member

This is disappointing, about the reliability. I also heard something about them having other issues. I have no use for a Glock 22lr :)

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker Well-Known Member

I'm sure most of them are OK. It's probably more of a quality control issue than it is a design issue. The ones slipping through the cracks are what's scaring me off buying one right now.

For $250, I don't think you can go wrong with the Taurus. I'm going to pick one of those up pretty soon.

I've heard about a cracked slide and possibly a kaboom or two. Not a great launch for Glock.