Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a G38 in Tan and black for $725 that has grip plug, ext mag release, 3 8rd mags, 1 ten rd mag, and 400 rds of FMJ GAP ammo. It says its used but I took it apart and it looks brand new still has the factory grease and no wear on the barrel. The guy at glockmeister said he doesn't think it was even fired. I think it's a pretty good deal but don't know much about the G38 other than the ammo is harder to find and a little more pricey. I have a G30 that I will likely sell if I buy it. I love the G30 but really dig the tan n black on the 38. Looking for opinions please to help make a decision before its gone. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Keep what you have. You already know you like it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomgodd said:
Keep what you have. You already know you like it.
Right on! Just needed someone to push me in the right direction before making any rash decisions lol.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Right on! Just needed someone to push me in the right direction before making any rash decisions lol.
I have a g23. I like it. My main carry gun.
I know very little about the gap other than selection is limited and price is higher.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomgodd said:
I have a g23. I like it. My main carry gun.
I know very little about the gap other than selection is limited and price is higher.
Yeah it would suck to have to go on a hunt for ammo every time I wanna go shoot it. I like just being able to swing by a Walmart or something

·
Administrator
26,370 Posts
If you do some study, the history of firearms is littered with orphan cartridges that SOMEONE thought would be a good idea, but never caught on.

Things like the .307 Marlin, S&W .35 Auto, .22 Remington Auto, .256 Winchester magnum, etc. IMHO, the .45 GAP is going to be another one of those- but Gaston has a HUGE ego, and wanted his name on a cartridge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a glock 37 which is the full size .45 GAP. Love the way it shoots. Only issue is the availability of the ammo, but it can be ordered like anything else!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts