Glock 36

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mahall, Feb 9, 2014.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Anyone one own one!! If so how good does it conceal?? I own the 30 and the 19, but I'm looking for new depths in conceal ease and comfort!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. jeremiahjj

jeremiahjj New Member

A 36 is the smallest -- or at least narrowest -- .45 ACP manufactured by Glock. It has a smaller grip and a mag that holds fewer rounds. That's the price you pay for concealment.

The 30 is blocker, the new 30S has a 30SF frame and a 36 slide. The latter two also hold more rounds. A little research will explain additional differences.

3. hq357

hq357 New Member

I,thought,the,36 shot 40 s&w?

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

4. Survivor52

Survivor52 New Member

I have a 30 and I am a big fan of the .45 round. Like you, I am also looking to add something more concealable. For me, I am going to drop to the .40 S&W and get the 27. If I'm going to be limited to 6 rounds as with the 36, then I am going to be giving serious consideration to a revolver.

5. mahall

mahall New Member

I bought the Springfield XDs! Great size to conceal for a 45! But I can't begin to tell you all the many concerns with that gun! Including reliability issues! Stupid Me, I should have bought the 36!! Yes the capacity of small subcompact 45 is never going to be more than 5-7 The 27 is probably a good call. Or I might hold out 1 more year to see if Glock doesn't downsize more models into a single stack platform on the Heals of the 42!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. infidel686

infidel686 New Member

Reliability issues with the xds? I have carried one for over a year now with about 500 rounds through it. Never a problem. Even my wife and my elderly father find it comfortable to shoot. Personally I think the 36 feels funny in the hand. Does not feel like a glock should to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I had the 36 and it was a very good gun. I sold it because recoil was getting too hard for me too control as I got older. It was the only Glock that fit me.

8. mahall

mahall New Member

Two FTF in the first 50 shot! Difficult to chamber a round. The XDS!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Break in, break in, break in.
    Zero issues with mine. Lots of rounds down the pipe

10. therukh

therukh New Member

G36

I bought a 36 & I loved it...till I shot it. It fit my hand & was accurate but it wouldn't fire a complete magazine without failing to function. I tried different ammo to no avail (all factory), different magazines, sent it back to Glock twice & had 9 different certified Glock armorers look it over at different GSSF matches all up and down the eastern seaboard. Nothing! Nada! It just wouldn't work. I checked online and found that Glock supposedly had a recall on the 36's & mine fell just outside the serial number range. Needless to say, I got rid of it. Traded it for a G30 with a broken ejector. Funny thing is, the G30 worked flawlessly with the broken ejector...if you don't count the empty brass hitting me squarely in the middle of the forehead every time. Some said that was appropriate...maybe knock some sense into me. That said, I know lots of 36 owners who have newer guns and experience no problems. I would try one again even after my initial experience, but I like my 30 too much.

11. therukh

therukh New Member

Break In

I totally agree with the break in of all new-to-me guns. None of my Glocks, save one, needed it though. It is the best policy for any gun...essential if you're going to carry it.

12. infidel686

infidel686 New Member

I agree on the g30. Great pistol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Firearms Talk mobile app

13. druryj

druryj New Member

I own and frequently carry a Glock 36. My experience with it has been trouble free. You do need to grip it firmly; it's a small .45acp after all. and that recoil spring needs to run its course in order for the gun to function properly. Mine eats anything I feed it. Sure; it's almost the same size as a G19/23 but marginally thinner and seems to fit my hand better. It carries well IWB for me and I shoot it well. What's not to like? 6+1 doesn't bother me.

14. mahall

mahall New Member

I practically flipped a coin between it and the XDs! Wish it would have came up Glock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I bought an XDs45 over a G36. Both are good guns, the XDs is superior for my tastes. I like the slimmer frame, the trigger, and grip safety. The G36 is fine, but I don't love the mechanical feeling trigger. And Glock's grip always leaves me having to really push that front sight down. Just unnatural for me.

I also have a G27. It shoots fine. It sits at home, alone, and hasn't been shot in probably a year. I'll likely move it along at some point, but no rush...it's still a perfectly good gun.

When folks ask me why I don't love Glock-- the simple answer is that they feel about as natural as shaking hands with a robot. They're just a little 'off' if you shoot a variety of pistols. They work great. Price is fair. Aftermarket options are outstanding. This is why some folks (including many Glock owners) will state that you should go all-Glock or no-Glock.

Obviously, I haven't heeded that advice. I greatly value the versatility of my G23/32.

16. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

The XDs 9MM is the way to go... :D

17. mahall

mahall New Member

I would of kept my shield, if I was staying with a subcompact 9mm! Great gun, good trigger, I didn't care for the external safety on the side! And was intrigued with the 45 in basically the same package!!

Like guns, love people!!