Glock 34

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by apowers1214, Jan 20, 2012.

1. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

Recently purchased the glock 17 through my GSSF membership for competition and after shooting it a few times I am not keen on the trigger or grips. Considering selling it and getting a gen 3 34. Thoughts from you guys?

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

Is your 17 a gen 4? I have the 34 gen 3 and the main differences between it and the 17 gen 3 are Barrel and slide length, connector is 4.5 lb, adjustable rear sight, extended mag and slide release. I do not have a gen 4 in my collection to compare the feel to. where I see the main difference in shooting the 34 over the standard full size models is from 40 ft and out. With the longer sight picture with the extended barrel my groups are tighter.

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

You can only purchase once a year through GSSF.

the grip is what it is. What don't you like? Most people don't like the grip angle, which I find to be perfect. If its the texture, you can get the grip tape panels.

The trigger can be easily refined with the glockworx connector and comp spring kit.

4. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I dislike the texture of the grip. I am getting used to the trigger. I have a lifetime membership for GSSF and they told me if I want my next year's certificate before my anny date just to ask. I just dunno what I am gonna do. Maybe do a new trigger and get one of those home install race kits and new grips.

5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Glockworx is your friend.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

+1 on glockworkx zev trigger.

goto Glocktalk.com and do some reading, there's lots of threads on how to get your Glock race ready with a minimal amount of money spent.

7. Glockanista

Glockanista New Member

If you got it with your GSSF membership, it must be a Gen 3 with the RTF grip.

A suggestion is to add Talon Grips (preformed grip decal) and change the trigger connector to the 4.5lb connector which is in the 34. I did both of these to my 22 and it made all the difference in the world.:)