Glock 34 vs XDm competition 9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jackson87, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Jackson87

Jackson87 New Member

So I've been drooling over the new XDm competition series pistol. But I've always been torn about wanting a G34 also. Which would you guys recommend? Anyone got experience with the new XDm yet?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

im a hardcore 1911 guy and the wife and i went to rent a few guns last week i tried the xdm 9mm and its a pretty damn good gun. it ended up being the wife's pick for ccw/oc. im making the xdm in 45acp my next handgun buy. ive been shooting 1911s since 1988. i was that impressed. she liked the shorter barreled xdm than the longer 5.25 xdm it was a very nice shooter.

springfield is doing a xdm 5.25 testdrive atm at various gunranges around the country we took advantage of it.

i didnt see much difference in accuracy for me in the shorter xdm vs the longer 5.25. i didnt like the fiber optic sights tho.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

3. Jackson87

Jackson87 New Member

I traded my 1911 for an xdm 9mm lol. Only because I can't really afford multiple guns at the time an wanted something cheaper to shoot. So yeah I love my XDm 9mm but I was wondering about the new competition model ;)

4. Jackson87

Jackson87 New Member

Just saw where you added that last bit lol

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i re-edited forgot to add that we did shoot the 5.25 too

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

im not the smoothest typer i hit enter too frequently too fast. often before i put all my thoughts in the post. lol

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You're not the only one, Jon. Seems as soon as I submit a post my brain finally kicks in and I'm back in edit mode! :p