Glock 30

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mahall, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Bought a 30 gen. 4 today! For HD and anything else Defense! Love the 19, thought I would dive into the 45 world!!

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats on the addition, the 30 is an excellent weapon and great shooter !!

3. mahall

mahall New Member

I bought Hornady+P 230Gr XTP DEFENSE Ammo for it! I hope that will serve me well if needed.

4. therukh

therukh New Member

Excellent choice!

I traded a G36 for a G30 several years ago and still love the "little" gun! It has always worked for me & my son's G30 SF is just as nice & always works! Your ammo choice is great too! Have you tried it yet?

5. mahall

mahall New Member

I've shot the 30 before, but never using this particular ammo! They had it on sell, so I picked up a couple of boxes! 13 bucks for 20!
    The gun was $539, which I thought was fair! I've seen them 100 dollars higher in other gun stores!

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

The 30 is a great CCW--Had one but never really grew to love the feel & size-
    My 19 is still here tho :D

7. therukh

therukh New Member

The feel & size

You know, that's why I opted for the G36 originally. When it wouldn't run & I wanted to shed it, I took the first thing I could get, which was the G30. It just feels too big in my hand; almost like it could slip my grip during firing. However, I've used the G30 now for several years & even though it still feels the same, I've become used to how it feels in use & I know it won't slip my grip & will hit where I aim it, but I know whereof you speak.

8. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I too own a G30sf but gen3. I always wanted one after the 23. Still not sure if I love it over my 23 but it does shoot sweeter. With that said she must be a keeper:)