Glock 30 SF

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by nate913, Jun 6, 2013.

1. nate913

nate913 New Member

So,got my first glock about a month back out of the 12 years of having firearms. Glock 22 is was. Now I'm eying the Glock 30 SF. How sweet is it. Also, is there a big difference in the G 30 and the G 30 SF. Then there is alway the G 27. Damn you glock for so many options!!

2. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Get either the Gen4 G30 or G30s model.

3. nate913

nate913 New Member

So what's the difference with the G30 SF and the G30 S?

4. stimis

stimis New Member

30 s has same frame with a 36 upper. I got a 30 sf because it fit my hand even better than my 17.

5. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Bought my Glock 30SF about three months ago. Perfect fit for my hands and very concealable. The 27, in my opinion is too small of a pistol for such a hot round.

6. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

G30S rocks. I carry it almost exclusively for CCW. But I also had the G30SF at one time and loved it too.

7. 45BBH

45BBH New Member

I've had em all (cept the 30S). I don't think there's much difference between the 30 and 30sf. The Gen4 30 is what I have, which is the same grip size as the 30SF but of course with the Gen4 texture. Size wise they're much closer to the 19/23 size than the smaller 26/27.

I have a 27 too and it's quite a bit smaller than a 30, so it's going to depend on what you want to do with it. They both carry well but the 27 carries easier simply because it's smaller. But they both shoot great, and are both fantastic choices.

8. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Actually, the circumference if the grip on the SF models is quite a bit smaller, making the reach to the trigger much better for those with smaller hands. The Gen 4 models have the replaceable grip adaptors, and using none makes the grip SF. If you wish to, go to a dealer and handle a Gen 4. Have the grip adaptor removed and see for yourself. That will give you the idea of what a SF frame feels like.