Glock 30 or 36?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gloves, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Glock 30 or 36?

This would be for my wife's personal defense.
    She has a G 17 and is a crack shot.

Just how much slimmer is the G 36?

All opinions welcome

2. hillbillygrunt

hillbillygrunt New Member

Whichever fits her better and she feels more comfortable with

3. Gloves

Gloves New Member

single stack 6 round?
    or
    double stack 10 round?

Ultra slim
    or
    Super compact

is there a price difference?

Where's the best place to look for a 2nd hand one?

4. Isis0927

Isis0927 New Member

I've heard of issues with the 36.. But my 30 is flawless

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

Love my 30SF have around 1500,2000 rounds thru it with no problems..out my edc weapon...

6. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

If you are military, reserve or active/retired, you can pick this Glock up for about 450. I buy almost exclusively from Gt Distributors. Look em up, even with the transfer fee for out of state that's a darn good price. They have several refurbished Glocks that are really nice if your not military too.

7. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Went to the gunshow at the Cow Palace in San Fracicso today. I went a head and got the Glock 36.

I'll be picking it up on the 14th. UGH, California why must you make me wait that long!?

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

10 days feels like an eternity don't it?

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Btw please share your experiences with it. I've been considering a 36. I had a g29 and did't like the slide. Felt too bulk for me to carry. (I have a g33)

I humbly request pictures (the naughtier the better) of your first date and what you fed her. Tia!

10. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

I have a G36 and have had no issues at all! I carry it off and on as it is my carry rotation. And yes, post pics when you get it...

11. Rebelbiker987

Rebelbiker987 New Member

I have a G30sf and love it. Off subject 10 day wait YIKES! Makes me glad to live in OK where we can buy and carry from a gun show! I'm sure the G36 will satisfy your needs.

12. Gloves

Gloves New Member

the ffl got back to me today. says my pickup day is on the 15th.
    feels like that day will never come.

13. gunwolf007

gunwolf007 New Member

I like the glock30 better , more rounds and almost the same size. Just my 2 cents

14. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Agreed, I just got a really good deal on the 36 so that's what I have.

15. Gloves

Gloves New Member

I got the 36 strictly for the biggest power in the smallest package. I got other pistols, but they are all the standard full size. Want something that will fit in a pocket without anyone noticing.

G30 does hold more rounds , but I have other hi-cap guns for that

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Do not change the slide release on the G36. The extended release will not fit it properly and will cause the slide to lock open. I bought mine used and it had the wrong slide release which is probably why the guy sold it. Been flawless since it was changed.

17. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

G36 for EDC

I have both. The G30SF is my Car Gun and the G36 is my EDC. The G36 is basically the same size but is lighter, thinner and holds only 6+1. I have had Grip Reductions with Finger Grooves removed and full stippling done on both and they fit my hand perfect! I'm thinking that your wife has small hands, so keep this in mind.;)

18. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Good tip JTJ
    I did that extended mag release mod on the G17 and it works great. I won't be doing that to the G36.

19. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

There are no issues with the G-36! The G-36 feels like a G-19 and a pleasure to shoot. Add the magazine extension, which gives a better grip and you have 8 rounds of 45 ACP in a thinner handgun. Thick handguns are harder to conceal and if 8 rounds is not enough, maybe you should have brought a shotgun to the firefight.

20. gunwolf007

gunwolf007 New Member

I think all glocks are cool, I just got my glock 30 as a back up. when I'm at work carrying my glock 21, my mags from my g-21 fits my g-30 , now my compact 30 has 14 rounds