Glock 30 capacity

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mahall, Feb 4, 2014.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Just curious! My 30 will hold the 10th round in the mag, but it seems to be almost an unnatural fit, meaning I really have to fight to squeeze the round in! And, with a round chambered, the gun will not accept a a full 10 round mag. Works fine with 9+1, but not 10+1! Anyone have this problem? And if this is common why does Glock advertise and promote 10+1 for the Glock30??

2. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Glock mags are tight. Expect yours to loosen up a bit. A loader such as the Lula helps.

To load 10+1, it takes a good palm heel strike. No need to rush it, give it some time, then try again.

3. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I do not own a Glock 30 but have encountered this situation and its the magazine not the gun. If you load 10 in the mag and chamber a round and then replace the 10 round and put it back in the gun it will probably work fine.

4. mahall

mahall New Member

I understand the mag springs might be tight! But why will the gun not accept 10 round mags with 1 in the chamber is my bigger concern/question?

5. Mercator

Mercator New Member

It will. Unless defective which is unlikely. The G30 is my HD, and I competed with it. It could take a Krav Maga strike to send the mag home. But also make sure the top round is seated all the way to the back.

6. mahall

mahall New Member

I'll probably ride with 9+1, but in the event I try 10+1, there is no chance of unwanted discharge is there??

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

No more chance than with any mag load. And I agree, there is no reason to obsess with having 10+1 right this moment. Especially is slamming up the mag on a loaded pistol feels unsafe.

8. wayne_i

wayne_i New Member

loading max capacity plus one in the chamber not recommended

It is not recommended to load one in the chamber plus remove the mag and add one back. The magazines, regardless of make, are designed to be loaded with an open slide when at the full capacity. When you remove the mag and add one back or try to insert a fully loaded mag with a closed slide, the spring is often compressed beyond where it should. Worse yet, the cartridge may tilt in such a manner as to prevent feeding of the round (very bad if this is your carry gun and you get an FTF). There are exceptions, such as a 7 rd. 1911 magazine, which has enough room for the compressed spring coils. Not so with a 1911 8 round flush fit mag. Same with the Glock, although a double stack Glock mag is sometimes more forgiving. Regardless, is one more round really more important than reliable feeding?

9. vincent

vincent New Member

^^^Good post^^^ :cool:

10. mahall

mahall New Member

No, 1 round makes no difference, but Glock shouldn't advertise 10+1 for the 30, if that's not true in some!! Just like to know if it's common in the 30 model or is a flawed mag or gun

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

It doesn't sound like a flaw to me. It sounds like a new mag. Plenty of new mags for other gun manufacturers need a break in period.

I suggest shooting it a lot.
    _________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

12. Mercator

Mercator New Member

I have 10+1 in mine, as we speak. If it goes in, it's fine. By Glock. Why someone needs a new theory, I don't really care to know.

13. mahall

mahall New Member

Ok it works! Just takes more force to lock the mag in, than my G19! Thanks for the help!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  14. cotex

cotex New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1392299144.136476.jpg
    I have no problem, love the extra grip action these provide, scherer is the name.

Tex

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk