Glock 30 BTF

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ParhfinderAFW, May 5, 2014.

1. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

My Glock 30SF is hitting me in the face with brass consistently. I've sent it back to Glock once already. They said it was missing the striker channel liner and the trigger spring was twisted. Test fired OK and sent it back. The day after I got it back, took it to the range and is still hitting me in the face. Now it's 1 out of 3 shots that's doing it and the other two there is no telling where it will go: in front of the gun, straight up in the air, or 15 feet to the right. What is going on?! Should I send it back to Glock again?

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk

2. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

No one? :(

3. therukh

therukh New Member

G30 btf

When I got my 30, it was hitting me square in the forehead with every brass ejected. Mine was easy though since the ejector was broken off of the trigger mechanism housing and a new one fixed that. Is your ejector shaped like the little lightning bolt? Is the tip of the ejector look broken? The trigger spring is often put in backwards and they might call that twisted (?) but it would not cause the brass to ping you all the time. If the striker channel liner was missing, it probably wouldn't function 100% of the time. If they had it and they said that then they would have replaced the liner and un-twisted the spring or just turned it over so it was installed correctly. Let me know or send me a pic...or both.

4. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

The ejector is not broken, it's the new style with the loaded chamber indicator. I think i found a fix online. I haven't gotten to the range yet but these new MIM ejectors sometimes have a "bump". I used a whetstone and slowly filled away this "bump". I just messed with the top, bottom and "pad"

5. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

I meant extractor on all that. LOL. My ejector is the newest style ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399460836.227802.jpg

6. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

I'm also thinking of trying the Lone Wolf extractor if this doesn't fix it

7. therukh

therukh New Member

I do hope that your whetting fixes the problem, but I'll be surprised. Unless the vertical channel and/or the claw is malformed or chipped/broken, the path of the brass upon leaving the ejection port shouldn't be affected much. I'm still betting on the angle of the ejector tip. I'll be anxious to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

8. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

I think what the problem is is that Glock had a bad bath of extractors that are out of spec. It held the case against the breech face very loosely, and as soon as the ejector would hit it, it would pop off. no force required at all. So my thinking is that polishing the tab that keeps the ejector from moving in farther would allow a more positive hold

9. therukh

therukh New Member

Sounds like it could work! Hope so! I wouldn't go with a Lone Wolf extractor though before I'd just get another Glock factory one.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

10. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

I was thinking the same thing except the lone wolf is 5 bucks more and with the glock I have a chance of getting another bad one.

11. therukh

therukh New Member

I don't think you'd get two bad ones and, now that you know the problem, you could leverage the customer service to send another extractor if your new one didn't work.

12. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

Update: BTF is fixed! Perfect ejection. Now I feel comfortable buying another Glock

13. therukh

therukh New Member

Glad it's fixed!!

14. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad it worked out

What's the next Glock in line?

15. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

Picked up a 26 just a few minutes ago

16. therukh

therukh New Member

Cool! I hope it shoots well!

17. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

Hope so. It's dirty as all get out. Guy I bought it from must not have cleaned it once I all it's 300 rounds

18. therukh

therukh New Member

Glocks like it dirty!! ;)
    300 rounds...sounds like when I get mine ready for a match after its yearly cleaning!

19. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

Being a gunsmith, it bothers me.

20. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

Just to update and let everyone know what happened, I got rid of it :) Told the guy what it was doing and he didn't mind.