Glock 3 1/2 lb race by Ghost.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Sardine, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Sardine

Sardine New Member

I had my gunsmith put in one of these. Supposed to take my trigger pull down to 3.5 lbs. I wanted 3 but 3.5 is good. It went down from 7 to 6 lbs. So I got another one from Midway that is 2.5, a little lower than I wanted to go but figured it might give me my 3 lbs. It don't. Only picked up another pound. Now it's at 5 + pounds. What up with that? I think I saw one for 1 pound, do you think that would give me 3 or do I need a zero pound pull to give me 3? See my logic there?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Im confused, a glock factory trigger is 5.5lbs,if you installed a ghost 3.5 then it should be a 3.5lb trigger pull.

3. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Me too......

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It is not that hard to get a 3.5lb pull with a 1911. :)

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

No sir its not :)

6. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Just a little polishing on my Springfield 1911 gave it a really crisp 3 lb trigger. Not difficult to get there at all. But 3-4 lbs is too light for my taste in a defensive gun.

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes, put me in the "me too" category. Check the spring and make sure it is not twisted or damaged. I have the 3.5 in several of mine, and they all pull at 3.5 lb. Have a certified Glock Armorer look at it.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Sounds like you had a 3.5lb conector installed in your glock NOT a trigger assemble. Stock triggers are around 5 to 5.5lbs unless you got a used police glock and then it could be 8 or 10lb. Try to get it back to box stock the way glock intended and if a carry gun leave it alone. Glocks trigger system is very easy to work on your self . Watch a you tube vieo if you have to but no costly smith is needed.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont know what kind of cluster duck you have going, just have a lightening trigger assembly installed.

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Im under 2# with a Glockworx connector, comp spring kit and a polish.

My g20 with ghost 3.5 is 3.5. I'd have him try another connector.

UNLESS you have a NY spring installed.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

How do you measure the trigger pull to know what you have?

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Some people are just that good, but there is a device, kind of looks like a cell phone with a hooked rod stocking out if it, hook it on the trigger, pull till dry fires.

13. Sardine

Sardine New Member

Thanks for the replys. I have two glocks, 9mm & 40 cal. I bought them new & they are not carry guns. Just range guns. My smith says it is 3.5 lbs but it ain't. I have a testor and know 3 lbs when I have it anyway. He won't do anymore than put the 3.5 lb in. They were almost 7 lbs now the are 5 lbs pull with the 2.5 connectors in them. The smith only charged me $7,oo to install the first 3.5 and I installd the alleged 2.5 ones because my smith wouldn't do it.