Glock 27 on ankle?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by paulbrower, Jan 3, 2012.

1. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

This is somewhat perplexing to me. I've seen people talk about carrying a GLOCK27/26 on their ankle. How? Even with my loose jeans it sticks out like a sore thumb. (I taped it on to try it out.) I'm planning on putting my Ruger LCP on the ankle when my G27 is in an IWB holster, but really, do any of you guys actually pack a G27 on the ankle? I'm 6 foot, and about 190 lbs. I'm not exactly small.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

2. PrinC

PrinC New Member

Your G27 should be the same size as my G25. I wear mine to work most days in an ankle holster. You may have to consider changing the size of the pants bottom to accommodate your new friend. I wear the somewhat baggy type jeans so its not an issue for me. I am also about the same size and weight as you. Its all about your (wardrobe) attire.

3. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

Any chance you could post a link to the type of pants you wear? (Something I'd never thought I'd ask another guy)

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

4. PrinC

PrinC New Member

You mentioned jeans, right? just get your size for the waist but a lil wider in the pants bottom to accommodate the new addition. My workpants which are usually formalwear polyester and stuff are designed or bought in like manner to suit. Will have to check some of my pics to see if i have any to share.

5. jstephens202

jstephens202 New Member

I carry a G27 as a back up everyday at work. Mostly it's in a DeSantis Apache ankle holster, but sometimes in a Kramer shirt holster. I'm on the small side of medium frame and thus far have had no problems. True, those are uniform pants. But off-duty sometimes I wear it too on the ankle in jeans. Same holster, boot cut jeans.
    I learned long ago that carrying is a lifestyle that you have to work around. Dress around the gun. That means sometimes not being able to wear certain clothing. Keep experimenting and you'll find what works for you. After all, how many holster have you tried?