Glock 27 Gen 4 Light Primer Strikes

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by sadrb, Nov 19, 2013.

1. sadrb

sadrb New Member

Just picked up a Glock 27 Gen 4. Put 100 rounds through it. No problems. Cleaned it. Picked up Glock OEM 357 sig barrel. 150 rounds. 2 light primer strikes. Factory ammo. They fired with second strikes. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

2. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

No reason to panic yet. Like cars, guns have a breaking in period. If the problem persists after a few hundred more rounds then send it back to Glock and they'll correct any problem that exists. I'm sure it'll clear up like a teenager's acne once it's moving parts adjust to working with each other. I have my 3rd gen G27 for 5 years and have complete confidence in it.

[​IMG]

3. Mercator

Mercator New Member

1.Was it the same ammo before and after cleaning? 2. Check the firing pin channel for grease, lint, or anything. Should be bone dry. Blast it with Gun Scrubber if necessary.

4. elglockeroloko30

elglockeroloko30 New Member

Clear the gun, pull the trigger and keep it that way. Then rack the slide back (with the triger still pulled) and let it go forward gently. If it does not align completelly with the frame, you have an expired recoil spring. The poroblem is that when you are shooting, your focus is on the sights, not noticing (if that is the problem) that the slide does not reach all the way to the front of the frame, hence causing the light strikes. If that's not the problem, it is probably amo related. Check that!

5. sadrb

sadrb New Member

When you say expired do you mean there is an updated glock spring that I need or that the spring is just worn down. You are correct that when I was experiencing those light primer strikes, I did notice that when racking the gun slowly the slide did not want to completely realign with the frame.

6. elglockeroloko30

elglockeroloko30 New Member

By expired I mean that it does not have enough strength to take the slide all the way to completelly align it with the frame, or as you wrote, it is worn down.

7. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

I had my gen 4 glock 26 for a short period of time. Shot about 75 rounds. Gun would stay out of battery if u pulled the slide back to press check. With a loaded chamber. That means recoil spring is expired. That was to fast for a new gun. So I bought a stainless steel guide rod and put over 1000 thro it and still counting. Best investment for glock. Just my 2 cents