Glock 26

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by danolator, Jun 15, 2012.

1. danolator

danolator New Member

Who carries one? How does it shoot 15 yards in. Does it conceal well?

2. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Fantastic! but it's kinda big, IWB is the way to go.

3. IronmanE

IronmanE New Member

I've carried a 26 for a couple of months now. With the pierce grip extensions I prefer it over a full size. I've found it to be very accurate. I use a Minotaur IWB holster and it conceals nicely.

4. danolator

danolator New Member

I carry a 19 Gen 4 which works well in casual clothing, but I ain't carrying it to the next sales meeting!! I really want a 45, but want to keep my ammo storage limited to 38, 9mm, 12 ga., 380, & 22 & 30-30(1,000 rounds of ea min) so I need a sub-compact 9mm. Love Glocks, but my LCP is only a very close range sub-compact. So, I am wondering how you get any smaller with a 9mm with any reasonable degree of comfort & accuracy. The 26 just looks right to me,but I want to hear from y'all. Would love to find a GA trade of LCP + cash for a 26.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The 26 or 19 depending on how I'm dressed. Sometimes and airweight S&W or a 1911.

The 26 is light for the ammount of ammo it packs, it shoots more accurately than one would expect. recoil is manageable. It can be a bit thick, but still conceals well in a IWB holster.
    The 26 is on my "do not sell / do not trade" list.

6. fetep

fetep New Member

My wife carries a 26 gen 4, her first pistol and she's shooting tight groups at 15 yds. And an 8 inch target from IWB draw gets all shots on. So I'd say yeah for a 3 and whatever inch barrel it is quite accurate!

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Oh hell yea, there's no accuracy problems with the firearm.

8. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I carry one and can shoot very nice groups with it at 15 yards. I have reverse iwh and owh holster made by sharktac. I have even shot steel matches with it!

9. MisterEngineer

MisterEngineer New Member

I pocket carry a g26 gen 4 daily. Seems to shoot just fine, don't have any complaints except for running out of ammo all the damn time.

It does print some, but doesn't look like a gun. It's legal to to OC in MN so if it shows itself it's ok - (haven't been spotted yet).

10. danolator

danolator New Member

Very nice indeed. I think my goal should be to sell off the LCP and add the 26.

11. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

What calaber is the G26 I'm looking for a weapon for my feince but she dosent want something with crazy kick to it...so I should of asked what is the recoil like

12. MisterEngineer

MisterEngineer New Member

My wife can handle it just fine - but she doesn't enjoy shooting it as much as her 22 of course.

13. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

9mm I what it comes in. With polymer small pistols or pocket pistols the recoil is manageable with target time. I recommend shooting it a lot as the recoils I different than a full size pistol. I also use the pinky extension on mine.

14. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

How many rounds do you get

15. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

12 round with pinky. You could also get the grip extenders you can get the glock 17 round mags and they work in them.

16. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My fiance held the G26 yesterday and she said it felt fat and said and I quoat dosent feel comfertable in between the heavy lumps of fat on her chest

17. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

You might want to look at the Khar 9 or the shield then. Something in single stack.

18. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

She thinks the karr feels weird n I'm thinkin bout a shild

19. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

You could check out the Taurus slim if you really wanted to.

20. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My mom has a .22 tarous but the guy at the store showed her a sig p238 she likes itbut its kinda pricey at cabelas so imma keep looking