Glock 26 WILL NOT FIRE! WTH?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Broke124, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Guys my 26 is striking primers but not igniting them. Before anyone says it I have tried 4 different types of ammo...no success.

2. BLUNTTrauma72

BLUNTTrauma72 New Member

My wife thinks the fireing pin isnt releasing properly

3. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Check the firing pin and spring. Maybe the spring is damaged or the pin is getting slowed down by debris.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

4. Glore

Glore New Member

You can take a look at the firing pin and inspect the springs as others have suggested, this would be my first step. While I had it taken down this far (back plate off, slide completely disassembled) I would do a very detailed cleaning. It could be that you have debri interfering with the pin coming through the slide. If you don't feel comfortable with this you can use a aresol cleaner to spray directly into the hole where the pin comes through and hits the primer. Is the gun new to you? If so has the gun functioned properly in the past? Have you modified anything on the gun?

5. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

No gun is not new and is cleaned after every shooting. Broke down striker housing and cleaned, everything is okay so far. Scares me to death though...this is, well was, my carry gun.

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Hmm, it sounds, like the others have suggested, either the firing pin is getting slowed down by debris or the firing pin spring is possibly worn out or damaged.

7. Glore

Glore New Member

Okay as in the gun is now functioning properly or ok as in the internals are visibly ok?

8. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

RE: Glock 26 WILL NOT FIRE

I actually had this happen with my Glock 22. I had to replace the striker (firing pin) as the very tip was worn just enough to cause the issue. I also replaced spring and spacer sleeve, I figured better to just replace it all as a set. But I did fire it several times after just replacing the striker, just to be sure that was the cause.
    I hope this helps.

9. ryan139

ryan139 New Member

Do you have stock or aftermarket firing pin

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Any lubrication or debris in the firing pin channel/sleeve will cause light primer strikes.

How many rounds are through the gun?

11. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Gun is functioning fine. Everything is stock. About 1300 through it.

12. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Breaks my heart though. Dropped my opinion of reliability on Glock. This malfunctioning would have been absolutely detrimental in a defensive setting.

13. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Any firearm is a piece of machinery and any machine is subject to breakage or malfunction, even Glocks. I don't consider any firearm 100% reliable and I generally don't consider a firearm broken in until 500-1000 rounds.

14. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Damn straight!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

15. Glore

Glore New Member

Sounds like a good cleaning took care of the issue, no telling what was causing the problem, glad your back up and running!

16. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Total breakdown and cleaning is in order here, then you can check the spring and firing pin. Sometimes oil gets up there and gums everything up. Let us know what you find out.