Glock 26 or kahr?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by siggy1026, Oct 3, 2012.

1. siggy1026

siggy1026 New Member

Im looking for a compact concealed handgun. 9mm. The kahr feels better in my hand vs. the glock. Any other suggestions/ advice?

2. Babyfacenelson

Babyfacenelson New Member

If the kahr feels better buy the kahr.
    I personally don't prefer glocks so that makes me doubly suggest the kahr.

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yep, pick the one you like most or that you shoot best. Both are good.

I went with the 26 because I already have a 19 and a 17 so ticking with the same controls, trigger and compatible mags made the most sense for me.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

My not knowing what you have now, I agree with the idea of keeping something that matches (or comes close to) what you know now.

Muscle memory is a strong thing.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I have Glock26. Its a great gun but it's thick and double stack. You should check out the M&P Shield. It's single stack and nice trigger reset they said. Been hard to find them lately but Vance outdoors amd Sportmans Outdoors have them since 2 days ago. Anyway get whichever feels great and comfortable in your hand.

6. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

Have you considered the Sig Sauer P938? Single stack 9mm and VERY compact

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Pick double or single FIRST, then pick the right gun for you.

I have chosen Kahr for my single stacks (P380, CM9, PM45) and XDm for my double stacks (3.8compact).

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have the CMP. I really like it. Easy to control. Nice trigger too.

9. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Ive never shot a glock so I can't compare but I have a kahr cm9 and id recommend it to anyone. Haven't had it very long but had no issues yet. The break in period even went smooth

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I really like glocks but hate your thick as a brick baby glocks. I thing if glock was it I would carry a g19. I do have a cm9 and cw9 kahr and have a building round cound up to 2250 rounds so far. The kahr is a great pistol for a personal defence, hard to compare the 2 when so much is so different from thickness and weight and size and round count compared to the cm9.

11. Kdub

Kdub New Member

I'm not sure about kahr as I haven't researched it, but for a sd gun I want one that will fire without a magazine inserted. Some guns won't so do your research. If you draw in a sd situation and your mag falls out or you accidently hit your release its good to know the round in the chamber will still fire. For me I would take the Glock.

12. CarmelPaneristi

CarmelPaneristi New Member

Ditto that. Love mine and its about as comfortable and light you can get with a 9mm. I carry mine iwb.

13. siggy1026

siggy1026 New Member

Thank you all for the tips. I currently have a sig 1911, sig 229, and a glock 19. The glock 26 just felt too thick. I like the single stack.

14. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Then u should check out the Shield :)

15. smithkowitz

smithkowitz New Member

What model Kahr are you looking at and for what purpose? I have 0 Glocks a Kahr K9 (love it) and also a Kahr MK40 (love it more). The MK's are smaller than the K series, they are both all steel guns. Less felt recoil, still don't weigh a whole lot and are some of the most compact guns you can get; very accurate and reliable from my experience. In fact, I just took the K9 out for the first time in 6 months, hadn't cleaned it and ran 50 rounds through it without a hitch. I even chained 4 rounds out of 7 from 7.5 yds. The Kahrs have a trigger that is a little different than most semi-auto's. I shoot all sort of gun calibers, sizes and brands. Kahr, Springfield, S&W, CZ, Browning, Ruger, Kimber; 380, 9mm, 32/327Mag, 40, 38/357Mag, 44Mag, and I practice a lot with my 22LR's, both revolver and semi-auto. You mentioned something when asking which to buy that is a secondary reason I do not have a Glock; don't like the way it fits in my hand. All the other guns I mentioned, feel mighty nice. I carry the MK40 quite about 50% of the time. It has night sights and I put a Hogue Handall Jr on it, to make felt recoil almost non-existant. It's a powerful very little gun.