Glock 23 vs. FNX-40

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by psymmonds, Aug 6, 2012.

1. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Looking to get a new 40 cal. Trying to decide between the Glock 23 or the FNX-40.

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I've never shot the FNX-40, but I do carry a Glock 35 .40 cal and love it!!

3. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

How is the recoil on it?

4. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I carry a G23 and it's my baby I love that gun the recoil is a bit snappy but I can shoot it all day rapid fire or well timed shots...

Its awesome new but mine also has a lot of mods done 2 it and now it would b way 2 hard 4 me 2 wanna replace it... Pic is with factory 22rd .40cal mag

Attached Files:

5. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

What kind of mods did you get?

6. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I answered on your other thread.

7. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I put a steel guide rod , night sites , a 3.5lb ghost connector, extended slide release , and polished up all my trigger parts along with getting some us army logo mag plates and slide plate then did the simple engraving color inlay 2 make the letters stand out....
    And its smooth light trigger rapid fire is so awesome with faster trigger reset and the steel guide rod is heavy so it keeps muzzle down and the steel won't bend or break due 2 heat from the gun like the factory plastic guide rod will...

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The recoil to me is nothing. I thought it would be more, but very manageable!

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

A buddy of mine as a glock 23 and i out shot him with it :p. the glock 23 is great. I do recommend getting better sights though the factories are mediocre at best imo.

10. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I recently picked up a fnp .45 I know your looking at a fnx .40 but they are basicly the same besides the grip texture and a few other small things. With that said the quality of Fn is the best I have seen in a polymer gun besides a H&K, which seems rather the smae except the FN is much cheaper and built in the U.S. On the other hand a Glock is a fine pistol and is widly used. But in a way the quality and craftsminship is not in the same league. FN is much like an H&K, while I have found very little differanc between my cheap sigma .40 (which I love ) and a glock, other than a lighter trigger. Just my opinion

11. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Do 2 my experience i fully trust glock and I'm pro glock I have beaten a round out of a high tolerance sig due 2 a jam wouldn't chamber the round placed the same round in my glock and it worked like factory ammo for a cheap reliable accurate "enough" pistol u can't beat a glock.

"enough" meaning I have on average a 2.5in group at 10 yards with my G23 ...

12. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Recently looked at CZ. The P-06 and P-07. Liked what I saw and decided to throw them in the running. Any thoughts?

13. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

The p-07 I have held and liked it the other 2 I have no experience with

14. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

The other 1 lol sorry the P-07 was just a personal gun I found at a gunshow....

15. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

To me it's like the FN in many ways....

16. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Yeah they do look similar. That's partially why I think I like it. The P-06 on the other hand kind of looks similar to a 1911 but not as 'tough' looking as the 1911. But from what I have read, is still a good gun

17. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

If it shoots , looks good , and you like it , it's allways a good gun.... I admit I preach glock 2 pple but in reality if u like the gun shoot it... Lol I try not 2 criticize pple for what they like ... If u like the gun awesome I'm glad ... I love a pretty 1911 allways have great guns, I love glocks, I'm open 2 enjoy any gun no mater what pistol it is but if I find the 1 I like the most so far I won't replace it as easy.... I will say if u buy a gun hold it b4 you buy it , my uncle ordered 5 pistols based of ratings off 1 website and he is stupid , and he hated 3 out of the 5 and traded them but oh well. Know that u like what ur getting... Guns are a huge investment and a lifestyle on there own, i know this post is long but is more for anyone wanting an opinion and info Plus in response to the prier conversation... There all great guns most pics are self taken and self owned some are picked up from google as a variety pic ...

Attached Files:

18. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Looked at a CZ P-07 today, didn't really like it. It was much to bulky for my liking.

19. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Yea that tends 1 happen im considering a makarov for another cc pistol that's what I'm trying 2 find and look at...

20. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Just looked at a M&P 40. I like the way it looks and feels. Any body have any experience with them?