Glock 23 questions?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MachineGunFunkMatt, Feb 2, 2012.

1. MachineGunFunkMatt

MachineGunFunkMatt New Member

Hi, my name is Matt and addicted to shooting. I don't need help with my addiction, I need help buying the right Glock. So I was think G23 for the soul purpose of being able to shoot a 40 s&w(my favorite round) and buying a .357 sig barrel so I can shoot as well, but my can I get a 9mm barrel and shoot with same functioning parts as a G23, if so or not, what would need to shoot a 9mm?

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Lone wolf makes a conversion bbl that swaps out to 9mm. Shouldnt have to change anything else

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The G23 is a great choice for many reasons including the easy barrel swap to the 357Sig and the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. If you buy a Gen4 G23 there may be issues using the Lone Wolf barrel so check out their cautions.

4. MachineGunFunkMatt

I now own a G23 gen4 it's the best handgun I've shot so far, does anyone have the Lone Wolf 9mm Conv. Kit? If so how is it? Does it jam? I read that they do for the gen4s.

Thanks everyone for all your help. If any of you guys live in Chicago, il, lets go shooting.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  5. lloydsgames

lloydsgames New Member

I have both 9mm and 357 barrels from Lone Wolf for my Gen 3. The 9mm works great. Basically turns my 23 into a 19.

6. dsstark

dsstark New Member

I have the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel arriving this week for my Gen 4. Check back for my thoughts.

7. N_Roque

N_Roque New Member

Great gun. My first gun too and probably my favorite gun. Good luck man!

8. MachineGunFunkMatt

I went to the range today with my glock23. It's a beautiful gun, the only thing I did like was the RTF it left marks on my hand after 28 rounds. I just ran up stairs to the gunsmith Alan and he gave me a cool rubber cover for my grip. Besides that at the 30 foot mark I had a nice 4 inch group. Shot 250 round today no jams no problems(not that I was expecting any). A buddy of mine got a awesome video of me shooting today. I'll try and upload it more sooner than later.

That's my word, thank you for reading. Keep me posted on the conversion when it comes.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Beautiful? Wanna borrow my glasses? :)

Hey, they're fine guns, but beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

10. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Man I'm a Glock guy-but pretty ain't their strong suit

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ain't that the truth. I don't wanna get crucified, but honestly I think the hi point is more attractive...

12. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

You might have just crossed a line there....

13. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

You'll also need to pick up some 9mm mags to go along with the conversion barrel.

14. ArmedCitizen

ArmedCitizen New Member

The Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrels are nice to have. You only need the barrel and Glock 9mm mags.
    I have had no failures to feed with about 1,000 rounds through it. But I wouldn't exactly trust my life to it for self defense.

15. Thatguy2012

Thatguy2012 New Member

I have a G23 also about how much is the conversion kit?

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

+1 Trip

I'm neither a fan boy nor a hater. I appreciate Glocks for what they are but pretty ain't it my friend. Glock has solidified it's position as the Ugly Betty of the hand gun world.

Kinda like fat chicks and mo-ped's... Both fun to ride till your buddies see you on one.:)

Tack

17. MachineGunFunkMatt

Glocks are sexy, they are so ugly they look good. I'm not saying it's a 1911 but damn they look good, and I'm not a chubby chaser. I got taste lol

Hi point???? Who buys that crap? I have a friend that bought one and the slide wouldn't stay on. He sent it back they sent one that wouldn't shoot a round the firing pin was bent. Lol more like low points.

18. JDAMSrUS

JDAMSrUS New Member

I have a gen 3 23 also with the 357 sig and 9 conversion barrels. I love em and haven't had a miss feed/fire yet (at least 10k rnds) and I use my 40 mags for all 3. tho I've heard others have had issues using 9s in the 40 mag, I haven't had any problems.

19. MachineGunFunkMatt

So I'm trading my Glock 23 gen4 for a new Glock 22 gen4. A friend is paying me $550 for it, I payed $600 even. And he bought my 2 LoneWolf barrels(357sig and 9mm conv.) and two Glock 19 mags. at my cost. I didn't lose a penny. I'm going to buy a G22 and two new barrels(357sig and 9mm conv.) I can't wait I been shooting the the G22 more them my G23. I'm happy I didn't lose any money.

image-2052657867.jpg

The target was 35 feet away and I was a 100 rounds in before I started shooting the target.

That's my word thanks for reading. Keep shooting and posting.

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd like to hear how it works in your Gen 4...