Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Totally depends on the purpose....

I don't like even the idea of 40s&w, so for me is obvious, but if you've already got a 9mm and you're not trying to replace it, get the 40!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I prefer the 19 over the 23. I think in that frame size the 9mm is a better option. There's little recoil opposed to the sharper recoil of the 40.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Buy a 23 and drop an extra $120 on a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. Now you've got both!

Both are fine guns, and essentially identical. I have Glocks and am happy enough with what they are. The XDm is my polymer of choice, however. But nothing is going to be cheaper or easier to convert (if that's at all a factor) than a Glock.

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
sweeper22 said:
Buy a 23 and drop an extra $120 on a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. Now you've got both!

Both are fine guns, and essentially identical. I have Glocks and am happy enough with what they are. The XDm is my polymer of choice, however. But nothing is going to be cheaper or easier to convert (if that's at all a factor) than a Glock.
Can you use the 40 mags on a 9 conversion

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Totally depends on the purpose....

I don't like even the idea of 40s&w, so for me is obvious, but if you've already got a 9mm and you're not trying to replace it, get the 40!
Well i do actually allready have a 40 (that i love lol) so im lookimg for a 9mm so i guess ill buy the 19 then buy the 21 later lol

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Congrats! Now you ought to get a 9mm to 40 S&W conversion barrel.

Oh yeah, they don't make that.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Congrats on the 19. Great pistol, great choice. Show some pics at the range next time!!

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
I have a G19 and large hands, after about 200 rounds it starts pinching my pinkey where the mag meets the grip at the front. It seems there is just enough gab between them, anyone else have this issue? Sorry to hijack the thread OP....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've heard several people complain of that same pinch though I have never noticed it. You might look into one of the grip extensions like people use for the small frame Glocks ( I think the one on my 27 is made by Pierce?) it doesn't add an extra round so it doesn't make it harder to conceal just gives a different feel.
I think mine was about $8 so might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I really liked my 23, felt it was a great size w little trade off. I have owned mostly .40 s&w so the recoil is normal for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts