Glock 23 Gen4 Bent Frame?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ejewels, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ejewels

ejewels New Member

Hello,
    I just picked up my new G23 Gen4. Haven't shot it yet, but after inspecting it I noticed the front of the frame seems to curve up towards the slide a bit. It isn't touching the slide, but the "lines" don't seem to be straight along the sides of the gun. The gap between the frame and slide seems to get smaller and smaller towards the front.

Is this normal? Any help greatly appreciated...

2. jamesb

jamesb New Member

3. ejewels

ejewels New Member

nice .45!

So this is normal on glocks? I looked at pics online from glock and they were straight.

4. ejewels

ejewels New Member

Also, how common is this?

5. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Just looked at half a dozen 23's and they all look exactly like the picture jamesb posted.

6. ejewels

ejewels New Member

I guess this is normal then. Weird, the stock photos seem to all be straight. How convenient?

7. Gloves

Gloves New Member

There are a number of things you wouldn't think is right about a Glock, let me list a few:
    • The Front part isn't straight
    • You can see through the gun
    • Lot of plastic
    • It squeaks
    • the barrel points upward mid cycle
    • Where's the hammer?
    • You are telling me that thingy on the trigger is the only safety?
    • Why is it so square?
    • Magazine is exceptionally difficult to load
    • It's made where?
    • Why the white box on the rear sights? How is that supposed to help?
    • Why is the dot on the front sight covered 1/3 of the way when looking down the sight...
    • What is limp wristing?
    • What is Glock leg?
    • The 33 round mag lists only 31 on the back, how does it fit the final 2 in there!?

I can go on but somehow that gun still shoots true and reliably. After a few minor modifications to my G17 I can shoot it very nearly as accurately as my 1911 that cost me some $200 more.

8. ejewels

ejewels New Member

Funny, guess glock is all about functionality. I wonder if anyone actually has a glock with a nice straight front end?

9. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I just got this yesterday to go along my 21SF above and it is less noticable, but still there. The smaller the Glock the less it seems to happen.

[​IMG]

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I just looked at mine. The 19 looks the same as yours but the 36 is straighter.

11. ejewels

ejewels New Member

interesting. I'm was mainly trying to see how common this was, and if my gun was OK. Seems like it is OK and normal. I guess for photography and advertising, Glock takes pics of ones that are perfect and straight. All others aren't LOL.

12. LP1

LP1 New Member

I have a gen 4 Glock 17 and noticed the same thing. Seems to fire OK - I've put about 100 rounds thru it.

13. Shreddi

Shreddi New Member

Sorry for duplicate

Sorry for dupe. shouldnt have accidentally hit esc then back on page.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  14. Shreddi

Shreddi New Member

Just got one too and searched any forums that have same. Every picture I have ever seen show a sharp straight line along barrel to frame. I am calling Glock and returning if possible. Have been aquiring all kind of guns for over 40 years and this is weird for such a popular gun (my first Glock). One side has wider gap then other too. Lined up with another couple plastics and looks like a toy that was left on hot dashboard. Not shooting till I talk to Glock in case they say I missused. Im sure it will shoot but dont know about straight. Never dealt with them before. There is no such thing as 100 percent quality control so maybe a few slipped through. I doubt they want something like this representing them out in public.

15. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This is called "PIG-NOSE" and is very common all the way back to the GEN.1's.
    They all do that !

16. Shreddi

Shreddi New Member

Ah, ok, thanks much. Didn't know since it's first Glock. Thanks again I appreciate any and all information.

17. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You beat me to it. Yep, the Glock I had, G17, in the early 1990s had a pig-nose too. The only polymer gun I know that has this. To be honest, it does not affect the gun. I guess you can go with it and paint tusks on the front.-JK.

18. kandypenny44

kandypenny44 New Member

I was concerned also when I got my 23 too , but was told is Normal !

19. StaggerLee

StaggerLee New Member

Any of y'all have a good picture showing this "pig nose"

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member