Glock 23 barrel change to 9mm

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Browningauto, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Browningauto

Browningauto New Member

Anyone tried a barrel change from .40 cal to 9mm ? Looking to use it for steel plate competition.

2. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

Yes. Go to cheaper than dirt. Lone wolf has one for 99 bucks. Works like a champ. No need to change ejector. At least from my experience with it. Plus it works with a 27. FYI if your wanting to shoot sub compact cheap also.

3. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

I'm running gen3's also. I believe there's a different set up for gen4. Someone else will prolly clear the air on that.

4. PlasticGunner

PlasticGunner New Member

I bought a LWD ported new off ebay a month ago for $124.95 free shipping, They have the stock length most of the time for $109.95 free shipping. I have had no issues using the LWD barrel using cheap 100rd $20 a box Federal ammo from Walmart. I have put 200 rds down it. IMO this barrel will pay for it's self in a year with the saving you will get with 9mm ammo. I may buy the stock length as well. The barrel looks good as well... once you buff off that wolf lol.

Oh mine is a gen 3 Glock 23 as well.

5. Browningauto

Browningauto New Member

Thanks everyone, I'll be changing over to shoot steel plates and IDPA with it. Obviously will change barrel back to .40 cal for concealed carry. Being retired with limited resources for shooting, I've got the best of both worlds with the Glock 23.