Glock 22

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by howquig, Jul 24, 2010.

1. howquig

howquig New Member

Ok so the company I work for is making all their employees switch to Glocks so I was thinking about getting the Glock 22 RTF so I wanted to get some opinions on it and this is always a good place to do that in my opinion cause I know most of the people on here speak from experience. Ok thanks for any input..

2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I'm happy with my Glock 20 :)

Generation 4 Glocks (new ones) have different backstraps so they can adjust to almost anyone's hand.

Do you have to buy your own weapon??
    Or are you just getting one for yourself to have as a secondary?

3. howquig

howquig New Member

no we have to buy are own weapon. I realy dont like that about this company but what are u going to do have to pay the bills right.

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I own and love my Glock 22. It's either Gen 1 or gen 2 though. Is RTF their new textured frame? If so, I do not like that but otherwise it's a great gun. Reliable, easy to clean, accurate.

5. rugermatt

rugermatt New Member

the way i see it, if i buy my own weapon then i pick my own weapon. but in your circumstance a Glock 22 would be fine if that's what you like. only advice i have is stay away from the Glock 36, it is really a piece of crap.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They make you buy a glock and you HAVE to pay for it too??!!! :eek:

Are jobs that scarce there?

7. cmhill

cmhill New Member

what type of job is this ? security company? armored truck service? just curious

8. lkd

lkd New Member

Get a Gen4 G22, the texture is much nicer than the Gen3 RTF G22 (where, there's a mouthful!). EdsPublicSafety.com will sell you a Glock cheap at LE prices if you qualify. If you're looking to save $$ and don't qualify as LE, join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation and you can get one Glock per year at LE pricing.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  9. howquig

howquig New Member

cmhill it is a security company they do armed security and fugative recovery.. Ikd I contacted my local police supply store ( officerstore.com) and the are giving me LE prices so that saved me like $135.00. Yeah it sucks paying for my own gun but the company pays for all of our certifacations and pays for use to qualify with our guns every year so thats not to bad..

10. cmhill

cmhill New Member

you can also write that off on taxes as a work related purchase i.e uniforms, gear, gun etc. you might even be able to write off some "practice ammo" for personal use but that part may be pushing it