Glock 22.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by NymphoGnome, May 31, 2010.

1. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I have decided, that is the way to go, after going over to my mothers friends house. Her husband had a G22, Fit like a glove, and felt so damn sexy! Earlier I was looking at a Springfield XD, a Glock just feels better in my opinion. Need a job before I buy though, then I am off to the range!

2. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

If you want something that looks and feels sexy try the Beretta px4.

3. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I like how the Glock is a bit more squared off.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you actually LIKE how the Glock feels you are one of a small handful of people on Earth. Many tolerate the feel of a Glock, but few actually like it.

5. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

Which is why i didn't like it. Then try a xd, i am sure some people here will agree.

6. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

Now to talk about something I fear about Glocks, I know glock has about 3 safety features. But holstering the firearm, I have a fear that keeps playing through my head that the trigger safety will get hung up on something and fire a round off into my leg while trying to holster it.

This fear may come with being uneducated about CWP rules, which is probably never leave your firearm cocked?!?!
    Regardless still scares the crap out of me!

I'm currently reconsidering my thoughts on the Glock, I think I could sleep better at night with it over my head or travel with a holstered with it if I had a Manual safety. Time to get over look, and think about safety features and how comfortable the firearm is to me. Beretta Px4 is actually very nice, and has a good review at GunDirectory.com. May have found my new pistol.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

The safety setup on the XD is similar to the Glock. An uncocked striker fired pistol is no more useful than a hammer for self defense, with proper attention to finger placement when reholstering a Glock is no more likely to discharge than any other handgun. BTW, most 1911 pistols are carried fully "cocked and locked," as they say.

8. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I'd feel safer with a manual safety, Im still new to guns, I am sure later on I could grow accustom to Glock safety setups.

9. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

I got a px4 and love it. so do my friends. it is a great gun and the decocker is a cool little feature and comes in handy to carry cocked and locked. I recently changed out the back strap to the smaller one and it fits even better. all in all i saw its a great gun.

10. mcramer

mcramer New Member

11. mcramer

mcramer New Member

also the grip angle is IMO better than the glock

when i drew a glock, i always found myself bending my wrist to find the front sight, with my xd they line right up.

12. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

Well now I am looking into .9 mm because ammo for a .40 cal is too much for what i mainly would like to do, which is go to the shooting range. But if need be the case I could also use it as a self defense weapon. So definitely .9 mm is where I need to be.

I think I am stuck on the Beretta Px4 because it's easier disassemble, than the other pistol I was looking at which was the CZ 75b.

13. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Dude, just a bit of unsolicited advice. Don't choose your primary self defense gun based on how easy it is to strip and clean, that should be a secondary or "thirdiary" :) criteria.

Spend some time at the range shooting both the Beretta and the CZ to see which one feels more comfortable in your hands, shoots better and gives you more confidence shooting. Go back several times until you have made a decision. If both are still equally appealing then decide based on take down, ease of cleaning, etc. Remember, a gun's primary function is not to be clean, it is a tool to keep you or your loved ones alive in a desperate situation.

14. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I just have a fear of reassembling the gun wrong and it blowing up in my face or something.