Glock 22

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ANAKINANAYA, Feb 14, 2010.

1. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

I bought a glock 22 at the gun show i noticed that the spring that hold the barrel is different from my service weapon. I also noticed that it doesnt recoil as fast is it me or are there diffrent springs and the metal pipe that goes in the middle.

2. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Are you talking about the recoil spring and guide rod?

It depends on what generation it is. Does the grip have finger reliefs in it?

Is the gun clean? Is it showing wear on any of the contact points? Is it cycling completely? Other than being "slow" does it operate properly?

If you aren't sure, take it to your departments armorer and have them check it out.

I'll save Cane the trouble. Hope on over to introductions and tell us about yourself.

3. utf59

utf59 New Member

I'm not positive, so look for confirmation about this, but I believe Glock is switching over to two-stage guide rods for all their models. This is the kind that has two thicknesses with a different spring on each instead of one spring down a guide rod that is the same thickness for its entire length.

Does it look like this?

[​IMG]

They are supposed to make recoil smoother, especially in shorter-barreled guns.

4. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

Yeah i took it to the gun shop and they told me to get the original because the spring on these should not be like this thanks though

5. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

This is a pic of the recoil assembly the spring is what was messing up can any one tell me how to get the one that fits DSCN0285.jpg

6. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

Lots of outfits sell genuine Glock parts online. Check out Midway USA , Natchez Supply etc.

7. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Any competent gun smith in your area should have one. Where do you live? I have some on hand too.