Glock 22 vs m&p 40 vs springfield xd40

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rem870forever, Nov 17, 2011.

1. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

Just wanna kno which has the best accuracy and reliability. Pros and cons

2. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

Glock 22 is one of the most popular and widely used pistols by all types of law enforcement.

Not sure about the XD. The fact that the G22 is used more than any others stands for quite a bit though!

3. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

IMHO Glocks popularity with LE agencies is a result of aggressive pricing structures and excellent marketing.

There are lots of manufacturers guns that are just as reliable, and Glocks are not immune from problems.

I think the Glock design is and very good one and Smith & Wesson has taken all the best from it and made a superior pistol, through better ergonomics and a smoother trigger.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 New Member

The S&W M&P .40 is the best of the three IMO. I've used all three as duty sidearms and the Smith feels the best and feeds absolutely anything you put in it. All three are in the same market for accuracy. With the interchangeable grips on the Smith, it will fit any hand size.

5. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

The Glock may have been the leading choice in the past for Law Enforcement however, most agencies are changing away from the Glocks and going to the S&W M&P lines of Pistols, Some are even going back to a 9mm from the .40 models due to long term issues from the round and it's forces on the gun during firing.

As far as the guns themselves go, I carry an M&P45 daily and have no issues with it and never have. I think ergonomics are better on the M&Ps aswell, I'd say you couldn't go wrong with any of them, it's going to be a gun preference which one feels right for you.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Any of the three you listed can work out well. Handle them in the gun shop and try to rent some to shoot so you'll know which is right for you. I did exactly that and went with the Glock 22 and 23. They were the right decision for me but maybe not for you, so try out as many guns as you can and you're less likely to make a mistake. Accuracy and reliability are good with all three or you'd hear about it. As far as 9mm vs. 40S&W vs. 45ACP, again try them all out, there are excellent SD loads in each caliber.